We have been working on a BRTD logo

hexabeta.png

hexabeta2.png

hexabeta3.png

give a big thanks to Saintsugary.

Last edited:
J

Jamriko

It's nice but when you said logo, I thought you meant an actual image logo and not another "text logo". I hate to say it but as a text logo, I preferred the other one. However the other "standard" logos Saint was working on looked great.

I hope you know what I mean.

Shurik

Nov 5, 2012
Liked the old one better too.

If you are looking for other logo-input for inspiration, i´ve linked a text-only logo in another thread of mine, just to provide some more designs to have a look at.

Atm working on some variants with pictrogram logo and stuff, but all work in progress.

J

Jamriko

I really don't think we need a new text-logo, just an image-based one to compliment the text-based one. If you need help understanding that, I have an example on the Shared Dropbox under my name.,

SaintSugary

Veterans
Oct 29, 2012
I agree that graphic element logo (don't know better word for it :D ) is better when it doesn't limit how you can use it. You can use it with text or no text.

Let's create some more ;)

Shurik

Nov 5, 2012
*Hrhrhrhr* We have the same approach Saint! ;)

Well, Jamrico, maybe i´m just stupid, but could you tell me where to find that shared dropbox? *gg* (don´t wonder, awake since 5 a.m. and i´m not the brightest even after enough sleep, so..)

In my oppinion it wouldn´t do any harm to completely redo the logo. *g But don´t bother me, it´s just a "desease" i have. I NEED to work on such stuff when playing games in a community like this. :D

Also, chances are big some more people did this allready, i´ve built the terran republic sigil as vector graphic in illustrator, so if anybody has the need for a freely scalable TR-Logo, just say so.

SaintSugary

Veterans
Oct 29, 2012
I do that redesigning all the time, whatever I draw I'm happy about it like 30 seconds, then I already want to change something. Reeeally hard to just finish something and leave it :D

The "problem" with this kind of logo (at least from my opinion) is that it can't be too complicated. Plain graphic logo, no text but still some sort of interesting focal point can be hard to achieve. If you want to use it in multiple places like in wallpapers, signatures, shirts, ingame(don't know if this is possible like it is in Eve Online) it needs to be scalable and rather simple...ish.

J

Jamriko

I agree with what's been said. Do you get what I mean with creating an image-based image? Something to compliment the existing text-based one. (This logo would be placed to the right of the text-logo, for example).

Gula; when I get home I'll link you to it. If you want full access to it, Jugg can sort you out. I don't think there's a restriction on who can use it.

Shurik

Nov 5, 2012
Ah, thx :D I´d appreciate that. :)

The real problem i have with creating an image-logo (like a stencil or something) for the logo above is that it´s really closed in it´s form. It´s rather difficult to set an image-logo beside something like that without it looking kind of displaced and unfitting since the chain-shape really makes this seem finished and more "standalone".

Of course one could put a logo inside such a hex-chain-thingy but than it´s so small nobod would regognize it. well, i´ll give it a go anyways :)

J

Jamriko

[quote="Gulaschmoerser" post=6379]Ah, thx :D I´d appreciate that. :)

The real problem i have with creating an image-logo (like a stencil or something) for the logo above is that it´s really closed in it´s form. It´s rather difficult to set an image-logo beside something like that without it looking kind of displaced and unfitting since the chain-shape really makes this seem finished and more "standalone".

Of course one could put a logo inside such a hex-chain-thingy but than it´s so small nobod would regognize it. well, i´ll give it a go anyways :)[/quote]

I was referring next to the old logo.

Anyway, I've done my criticising. I prefer the 2nd version in the OP.

Mythx

Sep 26, 2012
Just wanna add what Juggs said yesterday on mumble about logo's and textes etc etc

And that is that all are welcome! it all helps, weather we use it or don't use it, weather we put a bunch up on a thread or have multiple logo's and text of all sorts, I agree on a epic one for website but there is alot we can use different logo's for e.g. news letters as juggs was saying so keep em comming.

Correct me if i'm wrong juggs :)

EDIT : Logo / Text of the week! prize's for fan art! graphic's for in-game outfit logo! LOTS of potential!