New BRTD Mumble Server!

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
The server is now on Gamercomms! You will notice that you have to accept the new certificate and then have an admin register you and sort you into the appropriate user group. We will sort you quickly. Thanks in advance for your patience and support.

[ul]
[li]Server name: BRTD[/li]
[li]Address: mumble.brtd.net[/li]
[li]Port: 50840[/li]
[li]Server password: Ask for the password in game or a Recruitment officer will give it to you[/li]
[/ul]

Reactions: 1 person

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
please bare with us, this is a server test for gamercomms, so there might be a few hiccups along the way, we are using this to test our servers and other systems.

if there is any issues please post here and we will do our best to sort them asap.

we are providing the server for free to brtd.

Reactions: 1 person

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Not able to log in at all.

I am getting Invalid Username, Remote Host closed the connection and can't change my username.

Purestorm

Grand Saber
Officer Star Citizen
Oct 28, 2012
Dundalk, Ireland
Just need privileges and OFCR tag back.

[strike]Also I've forgotten how to set up squad leader whisper, it's being a while (November I think?).[/strike]

Nevermind I found the thread.

Purestorm

Grand Saber
Officer Star Citizen
Oct 28, 2012
Dundalk, Ireland
Having issues with squad leader chat. I can use the whisper to speak in squad leader chat, but I can't hear anyone else using squad leader chat.

Razorlance

Jan 13, 2013
I can't get connected to the mumble server, it's stating 'Wrong server password for unregistered user account, please try again' after I accepted the new certificate. Did the password change? I couldn't see any other threads about the new server or a password change. Also used the forum link at the top of the
page to start mumble, if that's the problem.

Edit: Scratch that, I re-entered the password and it worked!

Edit 2: Ok, I have another problem, I'm connected to mumble and see all the channels, but I can't connect to any and I'm right at the bottom of the list and not in any channel, what do I need to do to get an admin to register me?

Also I seem to need to re-enter the password every time I connect, no big deal but I didn't need to do that previously.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Once connected , click on connect and add new , then save it, you can then quick connected from now on without going through the website

Mn11xPL.jpg

gvrOlUi.jpg

fqxtWs0.jpg

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
I have increased the quality of sound on the server from 72kbs to 128kbs . this is a test of how the server performs, let us know how it sounds over the next few days

D

Dotz0r

Has the password changed?

either wrong password for user

or the remote host has closed the connection...

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
As you found out , you can't have the same name, it has to be unique. So just add a number to the end of your name example juggernaut1234 . This will allow you to connected to the server. once on the server a admin can rename you.