Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
[quote="Juggernaut" post=32745]Hi folks,

if you have any ideas please share it here.[/quote]

I just had a good Idea!
I know this is mainly a PS2 only clan/outfit but obviously we have a alot of people with alot of different games and from time to time alot of people (me too) like to play a different game. Like Sharpe said we are all a big family here in BRTD and I am not the only one who would like to play other games with all of you! :blush:
To make this much easier I thought about a new button on the top called "social" (yea PS2..)
This contains a list (and search function?) for games BRTD members have and want to play with others in BRTD.

For example this list could look like:
[GAME ICON] - [GAME NAME 1] - [Amount of subscribers] - [JOIN THIS GROUP]
[GAME ICON] - [GAME NAME 2] - [Amount of subscribers] - [JOIN THIS GROUP]

Game Icon = the logo of the game (optional)
Game Name = example: Planetside 2 (make this a button which leads to the steamshop for the game, optional)
Amount of subscribers = How many players have the game and want to play it (make this a button which shows to the playerlist)
Join this group = A button to sign the account up to the playerlist (like a subscription)

Or something like this :dry: , I don't know how much work this is and basically just an idea. I hope you guys like it!
Oh and the list should be something the users have to fill out themself and not a "NSA I scan your harddrive/steam account" bullshit :p

I guess it's time to receive the critism :evil:

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
[quote="StriKe_jk" post=32752][quote="Juggernaut" post=32745]Hi folks,

if you have any ideas please share it here.[/quote]

I just had a good Idea!
I know this is mainly a PS2 only clan/outfit but obviously we have a alot of people with alot of different games and from time to time alot of people (me too) like to play a different game. Like Sharpe said we are all a big family here in BRTD and I am not the only one who would like to play other games with all of you! :blush:
To make this much easier I thought about a new button on the top called "social" (yea PS2..)
This contains a list (and search function?) for games BRTD members have and want to play with others in BRTD.

For example this list could look like:
[GAME ICON] - [GAME NAME 1] - [Amount of subscribers] - [JOIN THIS GROUP]
[GAME ICON] - [GAME NAME 2] - [Amount of subscribers] - [JOIN THIS GROUP]

Game Icon = the logo of the game (optional)
Game Name = example: Planetside 2 (make this a button which leads to the steamshop for the game, optional)
Amount of subscribers = How many players have the game and want to play it (make this a button which shows to the playerlist)
Join this group = A button to sign the account up to the playerlist (like a subscription)

Or something like this :dry: , I don't know how much work this is and basically just an idea. I hope you guys like it!
Oh and the list should be something the users have to fill out themself and not a "NSA I scan your harddrive/steam account" bullshit :p

I guess it's time to receive the critism :evil:[/quote]

I think another sub-forum will do in the short term for now. what your asking for would take a lot of time to do.I will keep it in mind. thou.It will need fleshing out.

[quote="Hitman Zeus" post=32747]I want a proper button that lists what topics have gotten the most resent replies, instead of pressing them in at random intervals.

For some odd reason I could not send a message to people that were not on my friendlist... [/quote]

we intended to go to different forum software sometime this summer, that will have private messages built in, instead of being a addon to this website, there is not much i can do, with software without upgrading or rewriting it.I will look into it tomorrow with a test account.

Done: Recent topics, I have changed some code , it should now display in the right order.Latest first

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
[quote="Juggernaut" post=32759]
we intended to go to different forum software sometime this summer, that will have private messages built in, instead of being a addon to this website, there is not much i can do, with software without upgrading or rewriting it.I will look into it tomorrow with a test account.[/quote]
Thank you very much :) I know it's probably alot of work and it doesn't need to be done tomorrow ;)

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
Consider reformatting it as a set-up wizard that only shows one step on the web page at the time, but with an overall progress bar beneath it.

So Step one would be the requirements page with a button on it that the candidate has read and confirmed the terms. Hitting that button would bring him to the next page of the wizard, step two which is website registration.

The moment he logs in with his new account, he is taken to the step 3 page of the wizard, which is a webform application that automatically posts his application on the forum and generates the Mumble instruction page (step 4 of the wizard)

After he has set up his Mumble and an officer has dragged him in and welcomed him into the outfit, he would get the final set-up wizard congratulations page at his first website log in (this part of the process can probably not be automated and requires some individual admin handling).

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
[quote="Rolfsky" post=32767]Consider reformatting it as a set-up wizard that only shows one step on the web page at the time, but with an overall progress bar beneath it.

So Step one would be the requirements page with a button on it that the candidate has read and confirmed the terms. Hitting that button would bring him to the next page of the wizard, step two which is website registration.

The moment he logs in with his new account, he is taken to the step 3 page of the wizard, which is a webform application that automatically posts his application on the forum and generates the Mumble instruction page (step 4 of the wizard)

After he has set up his Mumble and an officer has dragged him in and welcomed him into the outfit, he would get the final set-up wizard congratulations page at his first website log in (this part of the process can probably not be automated and requires some individual admin handling).[/quote]

Thanks for the input rolfsky.my main aim is to make it easier on new recruits. i have tidied up the page today as short term measure, ie added in register/recruitment buttons and fixed 1-2 outdate urls.

I rather it was one page, and easier to read. but i see your point of view.

IpemC45.png