Outfit News News thread

Tasty

Jan 2, 2013
[quote="Hitman Zeus" post=12981]Awesome prowler pics][/quote]
Wait, wait, bodykits? 4 turrets? Awesome looking prowlers? What exactly am I looking at? :)

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
[quote="Tasty" post=12982][quote="Hitman Zeus" post=12981]Awesome prowler pics][/quote]
What exactly am I looking at? :)[/quote]

Sheer brutal power...............or the power we have today divided between the 4 cannons in the pic :S

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
[quote="Rolfsky" post=12988]The excellent official stats page: https://players.planetside2.com/[/quote]

Already added a couple of days ago.

TobieBrave

Let's drop the Beat!
Jan 12, 2013
Sweden
[quote="Sharpe" post=12986]Or the mammouth tank lol[/quote]

The Mammouth finally joins the red guys!

Drool warning on that prowler kit

Raiche

Dec 4, 2012
As long as its not damage split between barrels meaning we have to deal with recoil x 3 for every round of shots, and if we get that.... what are the NC and fagrider getting? Heavy firepower don't help if we're dead from a one shot vanguard or a invisible fagrider.

Raiche

Dec 4, 2012
In other news SOE is apparently planning to take paid hack sites like artificial aiming and others that offer hacks for planetside 2 to court.
Its been tried before most famously by blizzard in case of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glider_(bot).

Personally id really LOVE to see them all shut down, take out the more professional actors that make money of it and at least you take some of the problem away. But you still got the potentially bigger issue of freely released ones that are kept updated and i think taking on the guys that make and use themselves only will be damn hard to catch. Only better code and detection can help against that but a successful lawsuit would at least be a important landmark in game developers vs professional cheat sellers.

You can find the hints from smedley here about lawsuit:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?p=894473#post894473

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
New info about GU04:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-04-coming-soon.99770/

AtlasLazzurs

Nov 25, 2012
New map prototype from higbys twitter.

bezkoq5ccaetskjpglarge.jpg

I seriously hope this makes it in if they polish it and fiddle around a bit with connections, looks so much better...And apparently it will help the meta-game according to forumside2.

Higgles Twitter

PS2 Forum Thread

Cheers

Nov 9, 2012
Ah yes, that image.
It has sparked quite the debates across the forums. There are two large ideologies about this map and what it "might" entail. (no specifics have been given yet so everything here could be completely wrong, moot or irrelevant).

First ideology: This will greatly improve "combat flow".
By which, I think, is meant a more fluent and logical succession of battles. The prime reason for this would be a more predictable route of attackers, which gives 3 advantages.
Knowing where the enemy is going to attack, simply by looking on the map allows makes it much easier to setup a decent defence. Rather than spread out across multiple possible bases, you KNOW with absolute certainty they are going to attack the next base in the line. Even the newest of players will know exactly where to find a battle.
A second advantage is that defenders forced to respawn due to losing a base will be more likely to respawn at the next base. This in combination with knowing the enemy is now coming for this new base will allow them to quickly setup defences. OR pull vehicles and have an actual counter attack, but that might be too optimistic.
A third advantage is to outfits; once again due to knowing the most likely route, it could actually be possible to setup ambushes, flank attacks etc. Hopefully greatly reducing the power of the zerg in comparison.

Second ideology: Meatgrinder
The fear here is that with most strategic routes being more linear, they will end up as a series of one bottleneck after another with little to no strategic decisions required. In addition, the limited options of attacking will result in every battle becoming a massive fight while some people like the smaller skirmishes found on the outskirts or in smaller bases.
The second returning fear is closely related to that as well, and it involves smaller outfits no longer able to noticeably contribute to the combat. As the lanes forces the outfit to follow the same route as the zerg. Currently they could start talking surrounding territory to add influence but that would no longer be possible.

My personal opinion;
I’m very much in favour of this change. I feel this will greatly help the instant-action players find a large fight and allow for larger defences. In addition, it could give players without an outfit a better understanding of progression, currently lacking in a freeform map. On an outfit scale I think it is still possible to add meaning to fights, even as a smaller outfit. Be it ambushes, taking hard spawns, or flanking the base defence, even a single squad can greatly influence the flow of battle. I think most outfits see contribution only in the way of capturing territory which, considering the open map and the logistics of air-wings and tank columns, does not do this game justice.

At least that is how I understand most opinions on the subject. Both have their merit and can be argued effectively and, as in any entertainment form, are for a large part subjective. There are of course endless amount of opinions, to each his own, but these are the most commonly expressed.

Frankies

Veterans
Oct 29, 2010
https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/BRTD%20Group%20%20folder/Images/PS2%20Screenshots

Ive a news article for you ..... watch that sankaku games he was on mumble and tried to hunt me down to ruin my 35 man kill streak tut tut naughty sankaku

AtlasLazzurs

Nov 25, 2012
35 man kill streak....Frankie, dude...You're a beast. Please don't ever get mad at me!

News - New Shotguns on PS2 Players (Stolen from Reddit)

Imgur Album

Reddit Thread

Don't know how they compare to the previous Pump Shotties, but by the description they might be more close range focused with higher single shot dmg but slower 'pump' time between shots...Maybe?

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
The new shotguns appear to be longer so they'll probably have a longer range at the cost of fire rate.