Training [Nov 18, 2014] Pathfinding and Combat Maneuvers (Miller)

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
The training will be split into two sections.
The first half of the training will focus on getting our members familiar with flanking and using the lesser known paths around the bases, and how to identify them if you're at a new base.
By the end of this section, all of our members should be able to assault the enemies’ infantry forces from their flanks or rear, ensuring that each of our members deals maximum damage to the enemy, making them more proven to make mistakes or exposing themselves as they have to spread themselves more thin in order to guard all entrances.

The second half of the training will focus on combat maneuvers.
The point of this section is train our members in making an assessment of the current battlefield, analyze what is needed and how to execute the task at hand.
Being able to think and act as an individual, within the boundaries of the commands as of the SL or PL, making each of our members more than a brainless zombie trooper that needs be forces fed with information and commands in order to act.
A portion of this segment will involve proper communication, as it’s vitally important to keep the teamwork operational, to avoid we don’t turn into a platoon of lone wolfs, acting too independent and not following orders when they’re issued.
Another portion will teach our members the usage of vehicles in combat maneuvers and how they can be used to force multiple your own strength, making what seemed like an impossible task, a breeze.

We'll end the training with an ops for 1-2 hours to put the things learned into pratice.

Subjects:

Pathfinding:
-Usage of flanking
-Finding a path

Combat Maneuvers:
-Analyzing the battlefield
-Acting off your analyzes
-Relay of communication
-Combat maneuvers involving vehicles

Date and Time:
Date:
18th Novemeber 2014
Time: 19.30 GMT (20.30 CET)
Server: Miller
Training Lenght: 2-3 hours including ops

counter.gif

PurpleHippo

A.K.A. xHippo
Nov 10, 2013
I got some "tricks" if you want to call it that id like to share during the training, some ways to climb buildings and walk around on ledges to flank.

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
Thanks to all who showed up and took part in the training, I hope you all learned a thing or two.
I also expect to never again, see a BRTD member standing in a doorway or running headfirst into a big clump of KOTV zombies, when they could easily have been flanked.

wonderlove

BRTD Member
Aug 25, 2013
I also expect to never again, see a BRTD member standing in a doorway or running headfirst into a big clump of KOTV zombies, when they could easily have been flanked.

Additional help:
"The KOTV VS Engangement Manual - Illustrated version"
Print out and wear in you shirt pocket for easy reference when making that hard decision about how to enter a building.

Situation #1
bb14.png

What to do? -> GO! GO! GO!

Situation #2
bb22.png

(Notice the KOTV platoon lead in the center)

What to do? -> FLANK! FLANK! FLANK!