November 1st patch preview

SteveTR

Veterans
Oct 17, 2012
http://www.twitch.tv//las0m/b/337499276?utm_campaign=archive_embed_click&utm_source=forums.station.sony.com

Patch is wednesday!

Reactions: 2 people
A

Arucard

Here is a break down copied of the PS2 forum, also they will be running the server all weekend without any downtime.

Stolen from the PS2 forums said:

Notes from Higby's TwitchTV stream 31-10-2012

Thought it might be good to have it all in one place. :)

There was a stream with the creative director tonight which showed off Amerish and also addressed other stuff that'll be in the next patch. I took some notes:

Amerish

Amerish will be in the next big patch. (we knew that :) )

Base design will be different there. More defensible, more chokepoints. Also more unique base design. Might carry over to Indar and Esamir later. One example of chokepoint is a bridge over water... which happens to kill you.

And yes, there is water on Amerish.

Respawn timers have been increased (up to 10 seconds I believe). Biolab ownership will reduce these respawn timers.

Number of bases on Amerish is somewhere between the number of bases on Indar and Esamir. More than Esamir, less than Indar.

Some of those bases have a more linear capture order; you have to move from A to B to C. Other bases can only be reached by air due to their position on a high mountain. There will be quite a few mountains on Amerish.

Some bases are quite vertical, which should keep tanks away from the spawnroom and turn it more into an infantry fight.

Changes to metagame:

Tweaking of resources to make them matter more.

Facility ownership will give benefits.

Dominating a continent (holding all capturable regions) will give a worldwide empire buff.

Spawn improvements:

You will be able to spawn on your Squad Leader with instant action (cooldown 30 minutes).

You will be able to spawn on any hard spawnpoint closest to your Squad Leader.

Squad beacon will now only be available to the Squad Leader. It doesn't need to be equipped; it only needs to be certed into. It will also cost no resources. There will be a 5 minute cooldown on using it.

Squad vehicles can be spawned on wherever they are in relation to you.

Sunderers can be spawned from any vehicle terminal but will be less spammable. Their deployment range is now 100 meters, which might increase later.

[EDIT]"Sunderers will not be able to be spawned on terminals , if there is another sunderer deployed in a 100 meter range (which is subject to future changes and tweaking)"

Experience changes:

Defender gets bonus experience for all actions performed during defence. Bigger facilities bestow greater bonuses.

Attackers do not get such a bonus, but do receive a large experience boost upon base capture. Again, larger facilities will give more points.

Performance and bugfixes:

As always, performance and bugfixes are worked on.

Amerish might run slower since it has not yet gone through some optimisation that Indar and Esamir did go through.

Grenades will no longer stick to your hands.

Painfields will return to spawnrooms: no more enemies camping a spawn that cannot be entered.

Lock-on missiles will hit more often due to fix to splash damage.

Restoration kits will heal even after switching weapons.

It should now always be possible to spawn on a Sunderer.

Misc:

From next patch, it will be possible to stream the game to Twitch.tv through the game client. It has an in-game streaming function to do so.

Battleranks now have icons, and will unlock things like extra loadout tabs and Squad Leader Abilities.

The game uses a new font.

The repair tool now has a heat meter. Heat must be managed now in order to prevent overheating. This is done to prevent continuous repairing.

Future plans:

MBTs will get more powerful secondary weapons. Additionally, extra certs will unlock a dedicated gunner slot, which has access to more powerful main weapons. Prowler and Vanguard will likely have a full crew of 3, while the Magrider setup probably necessitates a limit of 2 crew slots. This will most likely happen after launch.

New kinds of facilities are being discussed (interlinks etc.).

Squad Leader certs will be broken up into different categories over the next few weeks (communications, logistics, command tools etc.) as well as Squad Leader abilities being tied into Battle Rank.

MAXes may get more hitpoints.

New capture mechanics are also being discussed (including CTF mehod).

Heavy weapons (Lasher, MCG, Jackhammer) updated.

Mission system is going to be phased in. Squad Leaders can unlock it. Currently possible to place attack and defend order on the map which are visible to the entire faction.

Number of AA turrets will be reduced. Additionally, it will be easier to spot AA location/direction from the air. AA will also do less splash damage.

Reactions: 1 person

Soberson

Oct 27, 2012
[quote="Arucard" post=4471]
Defender gets bonus experience for all actions performed during defence. Bigger facilities bestow greater bonuses.[/quote]

Here comes The Crown

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Alot of what I have read here gives me high hopes again for PS2. Taking good parts of PS1and implementing it into PS2 which they should have done towards the start xD

I was hoping that the Sundy/AMS deployment range would be brought bake in - Great
While defending bases yo didn't always get points (unless enemy took a point and you then re-took it) so a more improved defence bonus is always welcomed - :)
Too many AA defenses making a few things impossible for my wanna-be-lib flying so less AA = good
Facilities actually having benefits to them just like before which adds lot more strategic game play - w00t
(I think that for future, these 3-crew heavy empire tanks will need a Tech base to be spawned)

Continent domination - unsure how that will work as every empire has a 'Sanctuary' permanently on a continent
And lastly with the future plans of the interlink... It brings good and bad feelings as my memory recalls who ever owns the interlink - will dominate the attackers xD Lets see if they do anything different.

Can't wait for update to see how everything is - thanks for the briefing Arucard

Wolf1985

Sep 25, 2012
One example of chokepoint is a bridge over water... which happens to kill you.

Do both the bridge and the water kill you?Cause I died because of bridges before,got to test the water tho,maybe I can sky on it with a drifter pack.

"Sunderers will not be able to be spawned on terminals , if there is another sunderer deployed in a 100 meter range (which is subject to future changes and tweaking)"

LOL really? I can't wait to see the oceans of tears this will 'spawn' from abuse.

Here comes The Crown

That's not really a big facility just some lone tower in the middle of nowhere,don't think it will be worth that much...still,when TR hear about 'CROWN FIGHT' their inner retard comes out to play...

Ashoto

Oct 1, 2012
Finally some incentive to defend bases...

New capture mechanics! Sweet

3-man Prowlers!?!?!? AWW YYEEEAAAHH!

I like what I'm seeing. Maybe there is still hope for Me and PS2... :lol:

D

Dotz0r

All i read from that was - water.

Can not wait to see hordes of mag riders flanking across the water like on planetside 1. Having an epic bridge battle but nooooooooo VS has to spoil it. I hope they all gather on one side then drive off together and all sink to the riverbed.

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
[quote="DeltaWidow" post=4482]
Continent domination - unsure how that will work as every empire has a 'Sanctuary' permanently on a continent
[/quote]

Higby says in the clip that you have to own all territories but the enemies warpgates. The bonus you gain from that seems to be lasting till someone else does the same thing.

[quote="Dotz0r" post=4502]All i read from that was - water.

Can not wait to see hordes of mag riders flanking across the water like on planetside 1. Having an epic bridge battle but nooooooooo VS has to spoil it. I hope they all gather on one side then drive off together and all sink to the riverbed.[/quote]

They showed flowing water in the clip, nothing more.

Boostoff

You, Me, Closet, 7Min, Heaven, Now..
Oct 7, 2014
Washington, USA
www.BRTD.net
Future plans:

MBTs will get more powerful secondary weapons. Additionally, extra certs will unlock a dedicated gunner slot, which has access to more powerful main weapons. Prowler and Vanguard will likely have a full crew of 3, while the Magrider setup probably necessitates a limit of 2 crew slots. This will most likely happen after launch.

Fuck-Yeah-meme.jpg

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
[quote="Boostoff" post=4523]Future plans:

Fuck-Yeah-meme.jpg
[/quote]

About fecken time, i have really missed the teamwork of a good tank crew.

F

fbh

Trainers and Squad leaders should take note of the changes to the spawn and squad beacons above all.

Mythx

Sep 26, 2012
Yea like FBH said squad leading looks like it will be changing a bit and all squad leaders may need to cert up and level up to get the perks to be an effective squad leader "in-game".

Looking forward to this! anyone know if the patch is out? i'm at work at the moment if the patch is out would like to get the girlfriend to start the download

D

DLC602

I might have to laminate my keyboard so as to capture the tears of joy over the 3 man prowlers!

Sunderers will not be able to be spawned on terminals , if there is another sunderer deployed in a 100 meter range (which is subject to future changes and tweaking)

I can see this being annoying if we're trying to pull buses and greenies have buses deployed all over the shop...

And the engi gun having a heat meter kinda makes me want to cry a little but if they offer certs to reduce how quickly it over heats. We'll have to see anyway.

Also, I'm happy I don't have to waste points on buying beacons now. If its something you can have all the time and its on a cool down then its groovy with me.

cplsliver

Oct 23, 2012
I'd really like them to not add the heat up for the engi gun. I would rather they give us nanite canisters for the medic and engineer gun like we had in planetside. so we would have to reload them and eventually run out of "ammo" then we could resupply from the engineer's ammo pack for those tools also. more xp for the engi.

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
I thinks it's wonderfull they implent that to the engineers, I've had it with MBT's being repair-spammed by an engineer. And I do run mostly as engineer ingame.