Nvidia Beta driver update for Planetside 2

X

Xorkrik

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-61-beta-drivers-released

GeForce 310.61 Beta Drivers: An Essential Upgrade For All Hitman: Absolution & Planetside 2 Players

The new GeForce 310.61 beta drivers are now available to download. Otherwise identical to last week's 310.54 beta driver, 310.61 beta improves compatibility in Hitman: Absolution and Planetside 2

Desktop 64 Bit drivers: http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/53038
Desktop 32 Bit drivers: http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/52944

Reactions: 1 person

Mythx

Sep 26, 2012
Hmm, I'll be getting my 660 Ti any day now this is good news!
For now though my radeon will have to make do.

Thanks for the update Xorkrik

U

ukela

i just got my 660 gtx, couldnt afford to go another £100 for the ti

Yenzal

Nov 7, 2012
Will probably get a 680 GTX Lightning to replace my 580 Lightning when the 700 series is released and the 600 drops in price.

I'll get a new CPU first though. Currently have an i5 2500k. (edit: or maybe I wont...apparently the 2500k is still great)

The lightnings are beastly. I've ran my 580 at 1Ghz stable just because I could.

F

fbh

Before testing these you should check the Release Notes (v310.61) at the bottom of the page. Highlights a number of outstanding issues that these drivers have.

J

Jamriko

I'm upgrading RAM to get more stable FPS while recording and to help with my Photo/Video processing, etc.

R

RedSnow

I don't know with this Beta update.

Seems at the moment my sound is lagging (sometimes it's on sometimes off)

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
I could not finish the installer in 3D Vision and had to stop it, after which I restarted the install only to have it fail;

yjy2m2izztgyyjuymjbkm2ewzmiwnjayody0ytbhodu.jpg

Downloaded the older driver to see if I can install it over the failed beta driver. I will report back later

Gawin

Oct 23, 2012
[quote="Hitman Zeus" post=6563]I could not finish the installer in 3D Vision and had to stop it, after which I restarted the install only to have it fail;

Downloaded the older driver to see if I can install it over the failed beta driver. I will report back later[/quote]

If you fail with the install, then uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones.

DonGrobione

Oct 30, 2012
So did anyone already tried the beta drivers? Does they improve someting that you can recognise?

Gawin

Oct 23, 2012
I did try the 310.61 driver but it didnt seem to improve my gfx anything, as it seemed it made it worse. I was getting the white flicker often with it.

So I downgraded to 310.54 and havent had a single white flicker after that. The .54 version works prefectly for me.

If it have improved my fps, no idea. Ppl say it does, but havent confirmed it myself.

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012
the white flicker was a general bug, I think they have fixed it in the meantime. anyway, this thread is what realy go me tinkering with my system for better preformance (I hope I don't draticaly screw up) and with just a hanfull of patches, I could notice a slight increase in preformance, there are few excuses not t ooregulary update software if they have released a patch for said software. also, defragmenting your hard drive can also help with preformance.

also, press Alt + f in game to have your fps displayed under the minimap, you need an average of 25-30 for reasoneably smooth gameplay, 60 for the best experience (also note large battles generate lots of lag)

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
[quote="Gawin" post=6566][quote="Hitman Zeus" post=6563]I could not finish the installer in 3D Vision and had to stop it, after which I restarted the install only to have it fail;

Downloaded the older driver to see if I can install it over the failed beta driver. I will report back later[/quote]

If you fail with the install, then uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones.[/quote]

I did uninstall the 306.97 driver and reinstall the beta driver only to have it fail. Then I reinstalled 306.97. Got no problem so far again.

F

fbh

While there is some good feedback from these drivers there is also some bad as well.
My advice right now is to stick with what you have until the very latest official driver comes out and fully support the game rather than a tiny bit of code to "help".

JeffBeefJaw

Aug 12, 2014
Are these the best to use atm? Just got a shiney 680 Gtx Jetstream, stripped the 6990 out of my water loop itching to get this beast in :)