Outfit Time

EddiesMinion

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Bristol, UK
Bloody kids these days...back when I were a lad, we were taught about time zones at school...

<cue the introduction to the second movement of Dvorak's New World Symphony and a Hovis advert>

We also used to walk ten miles there, eleven miles back, barefoot, and when we got home, our father used to beat us wi' t'slipper and we were glad for it! Ee by 'eck, them were the good times.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
i suggest we use this, easy to use and create countdowns.
it embeds as image.

counter.gif

MGP

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Moscow, Russian Federation
We live in XXI century there must be some countdown aplication.
Yeah, timezone app on my phone suggested that BST is south afrika. It's not about not knowing what time zones are, it's about figuring out the zone code and how it relates with your local time. This is why i'm suggesting to use UTC from now on. You know U in UTC stands for "universal".

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
its correct... its in cest, time on the top of it is CET

I'm the only one who reads incest and not in cest? Hooray for dyslexia!

Also I think the clock is still off by 1 hour in the examples in this thread.

It is correct in the actual event post though.

Zunk

Veterans
Oct 2, 2012
i was beign serious!!! no one cares for your stupid BST CEST or any other local shite of time zone somebody gonna put event in. get in in GMT or may as well convert it to every local time starting with Yekaterinburg Time which is lets face it superior one.

You're being silly now. Britain invented time....that is why the entire planet uses GMT as a point of reference. Greenwich Mean Time.... Greenwich is in England (near London).

You'd think there'd be more gratitude for us doing such a lovely thing as inventing time for the rest of the world to enjoy. I suppose it's a bit like everything else (TV, football, electricity, medicine) , G.B. being taken for granted.

If it was just left up to Johnnie Foreigner to organise telling the time, we'd all still be piling pebbles up in a chrono-heap or doing something mystical with twigs.

Tchuh...ingrates!

I'm off to write a pompous letter to The Telegraph!

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
You're being silly now. Britain invented time....that is why the entire planet uses GMT as a point of reference. Greenwich Mean Time.... Greenwich is in England (near London).

You'd think there'd be more gratitude for us doing such a lovely thing as inventing time for the rest of the world to enjoy. I suppose it's a bit like everything else (TV, football, electricity, medicine) , G.B. being taken for granted.

If it was just left up to Johnnie Foreigner to organise telling the time, we'd all still be piling pebbles up in a chrono-heap or doing something mystical with twigs.

Tchuh...ingrates!

I'm off to write a pompous letter to The Telegraph!

Lenin invented space–time continuum you bourgeois fuck, hell big fucking bang happened thanks to him be gratefull for that.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Lenin invented space–time continuum you bourgeois fuck, hell big fucking bang happened thanks to him be gratefull for that.

No offense, I know this is how russians think of russia;

This is however is how the rest of the world thinks of russia;