PC doesn't like monitors all of a sudden.

GoldenKaos

Oct 7, 2012
So my PC decided it doesn't want to hook with monitors (I've more or less narrowed it down to the PC's fault, and it automatically installed like 19 updates before it shut down last time we had "visuals" as it were, coincidence - I think not) and a PC-literate relative of mine basically said it needs to go back to shop.

See you guys when I get it back in Planetside 2 proper.

F

fbh

Control panel/Uninstall/ top left corner "View installed updates" - if it was something recent that you could do some research on the updates in there.

GoldenKaos

Oct 7, 2012
Sure, but I'd need a monitor to get that far, surely? The monitor does not receive any signal whatsoever from the PC, I tried different cables and ports and another monitor, and the only thing that ever popped up on the screen before it went into standby was 'No signal' or 'Not receiving signal' or a variant of that sort of thing. I can't mess with the settings because I can't access the computer without it being able to link up to a monitor. Unless I'm missing something?

F

fbh

So I take it your using a laptop or something to post this :)

Yea that is a pickle. Are the monitor cables plugged into the gfx card or the onboard igpu card?

GoldenKaos

Oct 7, 2012
It's been semi-resolved now, the cables and everything were ok, but one of the memory sticks was faulty, so taking that out sorts the problem. I'll have to send the pair back to the shop to get a new pair, but we'll see if we can't run mumble + PS2 on 4GB RAM first. Then send them back after Beta ends.