Nov 14, 2018
User name: CaptainSpankybusiness

Do you agree to the Rules of Better Red Than Dead
Yes

Country of Residence?
Finland

What is your primary character name?
CaptainSpankybusiness

How many hours do you plan to play per week?
3-5

Why do you want to join BRTD
I want to try some more serious fun with Planetside 2 again as a returning player. I spent a long time in the NC10 Outfit years ago, but that died down. Your outfit popped out on a forum, thought it was a good shot at playing with people who know a good balance between playing for fun and playing to win.

As for why I'm good for you, I have formal military training with good experience and skills in both leading and following, which I don't mind applying even for a free time game for some serious, tactical fun. I served 7 months as a combat simulator developer but also received intermittent training after the 2 months of basic training. I've proven myself as a gunner in Planetside 2, know my trigger discipline, and value communication, sportsmanship and keeping things organized but fun and well-spirited.

Additionally, my English is basically on a native speaker level both in my vocabulary and pronunciation, which ought to help communication.

I hope you'll give my application due consideration, and I'm happy to sign on for a test period, and will not take it personally if you decide I don't fit, no hard feelings.

How did you hear about BRTD? Reddi thread about active Planetside 2 Outfits in 2018.

What have other gaming organisations (if any) you been in?
NC10, IGDA Finland

BattleRank:

Planetside 2 Player URL:
Just Sign in on the Planetside 2 Player website and copy the URL of your Character. Click here

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428066778518878993

What area are you most interested in? (Armor, Air, Infantry)
Armor, gunnery

Anything else you'd like to add?
My main character is dated, NC and on Emerald, but it's my most played character, so it's the one I listed above. I'll be using the character "CaptainSpankybusiness" (pardon the name) for TR, "Miffler" for Vanu, and "Dar10" for NC on Miller.

If I enjoy our time together, I'll play more than mentioned above.

Approved by: Irathi

Last edited by a moderator:

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
User name: Rybels

Anything else you'd like to add?
My main character is dated, NC and on Emerald, but it's my most played character, so it's the one I listed above. I'll be using the character "CaptainSpankybusiness" (pardon the name) for TR, "Miffler" for Vanu, and "Dar10" for NC on Miller.

If I enjoy our time together, I'll play more than mentioned above.

Approved by: Irathi

Hello and welcome!

We need to set your forum name to something that resembles your TR character. This is to make it easier to know who we are talking to across several platforms, forum, discord and in-game.

By default I would set your forum account to "CaptainSpankybusiness", but we could also do something like; "Captain", "CaptainSpanky" or "CaptainRybels". Which do you prefer?

CaptainSpanky

BRTD Member
Nov 14, 2018
Thanks, and thank you for your swift reply!

And yes, pardon, the name's a bit of a trainwreck, but it comitragically it happens to be the only option here. If "Captain"'s available then that of course would be rather nifty. (If that messes with your ranking system, "CaptainSpanky" is fine, the whole thing's a bit wordy.)

Nice signature, by the way.

CaptainSpanky

BRTD Member
Nov 14, 2018
By default I would set your forum account to "CaptainSpankybusiness", but we could also do something like; "Captain", "CaptainSpanky" or "CaptainRybels". Which do you prefer?

...To re-iterate, if "Captain"'s available and alright I'd be a fool NOT to take that.

Last edited:

CaptainSpanky

BRTD Member
Nov 14, 2018
Last edited:

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Aye, I'm in London today until Sunday, we'll sort out the nickname when I get back.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Welcome to BRTD @CaptainSpanky

I would like to take the time to welcome you as a trial member of BRTD! You have been accepted on a 4-5 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits.

Please Read this information.

It is required that you download Discord which we use for voice communication. For information on how to connect to our Discord server click here.
Please start using Discord as soon as possible so our officers can register you and get you into the thick of BRTD operations. When you first log onto Discord you will not have the appropriate rights to move into other channels, please make sure to connect your Discord account to BRTD.net as this will give you rights to move around.

If you have any trouble please consult the support section here or message an officer using this contact form.

Please join us on our social networking sites:

And have a look at some of the following useful links:

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Regards,
Irathi