Planetside 2 Base Turret Upgrade Idea

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Very neat but I don't know how well people will take to having another lockon (in the case of your upgraded AA turret). Support upgrades look cool but in the case of something like the Radar, might be best if it only detects vehicles otherwise it's the Interfarm all over again.
Would the CWIS nullify rocket pods or would it be something like targeting an individual hornet shot?

All in all though, more turret types would be cool.

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Very neat but I don't know how well people will take to having another lockon (in the case of your upgraded AA turret). Support upgrades look cool but in the case of something like the Radar, might be best if it only detects vehicles otherwise it's the Interfarm all over again.
Would the CWIS nullify rocket pods or would it be something like targeting an individual hornet shot?

All in all though, more turret types would be cool.

Understand with the lock-ons, the need to manually keep locked onto target after firing the missile along with being destructible was an idea to try and ease the lock on bullshit but might just shelf the lock on upgrade together
What you said about radar also good point but with so many player detection equipment available so easily to everyone if it had a small range (50 meters or below) it shouldn't be a huge problem - Radar could always be swapped for Sensor Disruptor.
The CIWS I had in mind would target any form of hostile rocket (so both lolpods and hornets) but only one at a time and few seconds cooldown for it to be ready. Nothing conrete on that trying to find ways to make better

Purestorm

Grand Saber
Officer Star Citizen
Oct 28, 2012
Dundalk, Ireland
tumblr_mtd2zn0YU51qk8kgko1_250.gif

Reactions: TheRiddic4