Please Mr Juggernaut sir master of all interwebz...

EddiesMinion

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Bristol, UK
I know it's low priority, but is there any chance of changing the default forum font to something less...Times New Roman-y?

Yours in hope,
Eddie

PallaDiLardo

Veterans
Jan 12, 2014
Barcelona
It all depends on the font size Eddie. If it smalls it is better to keep Sans Serif kind of type. If it is big than you can have Serif fonts. This website has a lot of things that has small chars. It will be a big work for Juggernaut to go and be careful to change the right kind of type for each area. It is a job not worth doing.

As well some fonts, do not have the right amount of chars. So we need to be careful if we want to change the font. No point to change to anything if not to increase readability.

Here an article that talks about it
http://alexpoole.info/blog/which-are-more-legible-serif-or-sans-serif-typefaces/

On which it said that Sans Serif are better on the web, because web type fonts miss a lot of nice ligaments of the Serif and because of renderings.

p.s. I met the guy that did Comic Sans and it is in my FB friends :D, he did even the font MS Trebuchet (which it is a nice font) and Webdings (which many people use). Comic Sans isn't bad, people are using in the wrong kind of contest.

PallaDiLardo

Veterans
Jan 12, 2014
Barcelona
Eddies, you might if you wish look at the addon for Firefox "Greasemonkey " that allows you to edit the CSS file and alterate the content in whatever you want to improve your own user experience.