PS2 and MLG are teaming up

DragonV2

Oct 3, 2012
whoop de fucking do, more events for the US servers. besides for this game to actually be competitive (This means things like luck being eliminated) its gonna have to be in its own isolated server or a soft kill zone will be set up around the event area to prevent troublesome things like a zerg interrupting the match

ChromeNewt

Dec 17, 2012
Unless of course this is written into the scoring system somehow. If uninvolved greenie numbers can be monitored somehow and taken into account then I quite like the idea of that wildcard in play.

I just love the game, and anything which makes us tighter/faster/harder/more efficient in day to day gaming then I'm all for it.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
I'm not sure how they're going to show off PS2 with competitive gaming. You can't just distill this game into platoon vs platoon and call it Planetside.
Also, and this is just me personally, Fuck MLG.

ChromeNewt

Dec 17, 2012
I kind-of agree. I think it would only work almost in a kind of war-correspondent journalism way. PS2 isn't ideal from the perspective of an "arena" style competition because of the greenie factor unless, as stated before, there are separate servers used for the competition. The alternative is to go more cinematic and immersive, having actual journalist classes (maybe only playable by SOE staff) and reporting the game progress like a story. EVE Online has been doing it for years and the one thing that makes me a bit sad is the story behind PS2 just seems a bit... flat. Where do troops go to sleep? Where are the bars to blow off steam? Where are the civvies? Why are all the sides fighting when it's a thankless task and nobody can ever properly die? More narrative events and having the outfits part of that narrative would be EPIC in my mind. And hey, how about trying it on the Euro servers first, since we're apparently smaller... ;)

World of Warcrack manages to have social aspects to the game to give that feel of a living world, so why not PS2?

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
PS2 do have places to blow off steam, haven't you been on for Monday Night Madness? :p

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Uh ok, most people have missed the bigger picture here. Any PR is good PR.

D

Dotz0r

money money money, advertising is advertising - imho its no different to them saying "Planetside 2 has teamed up with McDonalds to bring you Big battles and BigMac's"

:)