Recall / Combat drops suggestion

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Hi all

Im sitting here at work thinking on what we can do what will help squad leaders.

Here is a possible solution.

1)Prior to base cap the designated galaxy pilot would recall to warp gate to pull a galaxy
2)10 secs before the cap the rest of pl/sq would recall to warp gate
3)1m or less dependent on how long it take to walk from spawn tube to galaxy (need to be timed) the galaxy leaves.

No exceptions unless authorized by SL/PL. If the same old same old people get this wrong then it’s back to training.

Pointy

Bisher

Mar 4, 2013
I would be fine with this. I think its down to each SL/PL to put in to effect, and its only really worth doing during ops or alerts, but I think the added structure to recalls could help.

Oysterizer

BRTD Member
Jan 23, 2013
You'd need to take into account possible load-out changes but still it should be achievable in that timeframe. Another suggestion is that the squad leaders make their own way (separately or collectively) to the next location and we all squad deploy on them. :)

cheers,
Oyst.

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't mind leaving people behind more often, it's good for creating an overall sense of urge. There are tons of reasons people can be late for their Galaxy ride and there's really no use in having an outfit to wait for a single person as that person can easily catch up in a mossy or do a squad redeploy.

Stubek

Nov 23, 2012
This is just work in progress but something i have been thinking about lately.

Imo this should come down to SL. Seems we need to bring back some sort of reprimand/reward system. SL should see who is causing him headaches, note it and post after action report on SL part of forums. Positive and negative feedback will be taken into account on some sort of monthly evaluation that could lead to giving some sort of rewards or punishments. Im still unsure how much extra effort would that take and would SL/RL want to participate in it. Also what would be rewards/punishments, eventual cash cards for player of the month, some sort of forum badge, title,... Demoting to recruit also comes to mind, maybe mandatory duty for certain amount of time (like dedicated infil since it seems to be the shitty job no one likes).

As i said this is all in early stages but out of this we could get more objective list for lets say player of the month, most improved player, ... where it doesn't depend on nominations,...

This would then be used as metric to see who needs more training or a chat, who needs pat on the back etc. Finally to end my rant we could have top list that could motivate people to get up there and overtake others.

D

Dotz0r

When re-deploying, the warpgate now has 0 timer cooldown. - except the actual 10 sec "redeploy" to access the menu. If a base is about to flip - don't spawn, just stay dead (especially if PL says we are going to recall anyways)

When a PL calls recall - everyone should be there within 20 seconds. Not like the last few days where people just trickle in and galaxies leave half full / half empty.

Galaxies have 19 minute 59 seconds "decon times". If you are so arsed about xp - go back early, pull it - then go back to the base, atleast when its recall time - its on the tarmac waiting. If you are doing quick re-secs, spawn more galaxies then you need to.

For example, you need an A/B galaxy, but you pull 4. So after you have done your drop / re-sec'd and recalled - there are two more waiting for you. You could also start using the rarely-used pads at the top. As you come out of spawn room you could say - designate the top left for alpha, top right for bravo - and if we have a C/D left / right of the warpgate walkway. (More often then not, people do not know where there gal is and just "get in one" - it could shave off several seconds if people know instinctively where their galaxy will be placed when they recall.)

Reactions: 1 person

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
If you want to be an xp whore then dont fight in the alert / battles. I just want to be quicker....

Pointy

D

DLC602

[quote="Dotz0r" post=17830]When a PL calls recall - everyone should be there within 20 seconds. Not like the last few days where people just trickle in and galaxies leave half full / half empty.

For example, you need an A/B galaxy, but you pull 4. So after you have done your drop / re-sec'd and recalled - there are two more waiting for you. You could also start using the rarely-used pads at the top. As you come out of spawn room you could say - designate the top left for alpha, top right for bravo - and if we have a C/D left / right of the warpgate walkway. (More often then not, people do not know where there gal is and just "get in one" - it could shave off several seconds if people know instinctively where their galaxy will be placed when they recall.)[/quote]

Shouldn't that be more like a standardised thing for organised ops? I know we used to meet in the shiney, could the air pads be our new meeting point?

D

Dotz0r

[quote="DLC602" post=17863][quote="Dotz0r" post=17830]When a PL calls recall - everyone should be there within 20 seconds. Not like the last few days where people just trickle in and galaxies leave half full / half empty.

For example, you need an A/B galaxy, but you pull 4. So after you have done your drop / re-sec'd and recalled - there are two more waiting for you. You could also start using the rarely-used pads at the top. As you come out of spawn room you could say - designate the top left for alpha, top right for bravo - and if we have a C/D left / right of the warpgate walkway. (More often then not, people do not know where there gal is and just "get in one" - it could shave off several seconds if people know instinctively where their galaxy will be placed when they recall.)[/quote]

Shouldn't that be more like a standardised thing for organised ops? I know we used to meet in the shiney, could the air pads be our new meeting point?[/quote]

Should be, with squads knowing as soon as they spawn in at WG, they have a knowing of where there gal is going to be. Especially when we need to save / re sec <insert MLG drop here> The only drama is - we have so many people, it will be have to be constantly "told" to people. For example, so and so will say "pulling a gal" to land on the floor...but alpha is on the pad waiting for it. Then it will be a game of cat-and mouse as the pilot / squad juggles between the ground / pad and half the squad running back from either like benny hill.