Recruitment - Kelandra

Kelandra

May 27, 2013
Name: Kelandra

Previous Planetside experience: I haven't played Planetside 1. First FPS game was Tribes (I'm new to the FPS genre). Started playing PS2 in BETA.

Outfit history (if applicable): Currently in an outfit with a few people I met along the way through PS2 but are wanting to join an organized outfit.
Also, I have a character on Matterson (US) of which I'm a member of The Enclave. Due to the time difference I do not get the chance to go to Ops anylonger; I must be getting old...

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: WoW, Starcraft 2, Star Trek Online, Diablo 3, Star Wars the Old Republic, Neverwinter, Tribes Ascend, Minecraft (SMP). 'Good Morning': Complete a daytime level by planting only Mushrooms and Coffee Beans, in Plants Vs Zombies, has been my greatest achievement in gaming so far, or maybe completing Sunwell Plateau (WoW) in a Guild Server first... hmm not sure, it's a close call.

Do you have a mic? Yes/No: Yes

What you hope to bring to BRTD: Heals, mostly. And repairs, some ammo, maybe even a res grenade. Mostly, support of some kind.... and comedy. A motherly affection to protect my family (or outfit). Oh, and I can shoot...

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit? Lack of choice in what I was searching for, not many 'grown up' outfits around imo. I am looking for an outfit of which I can learn while having fun and you lot seem to have a good time while experimenting.

How did you hear about Better Red Than Dead My husband (Jezz)

What is your preferred play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft? Infantry

Anything else you'd like to add: Not really, I've learned over the years to shut up

Your battle Rank: 44

Planetside 2 Statistic : https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618034898049

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Greetings Kelandra,

Welcome to BRTD! You will be required to drop your affiliation with NOX5 or NOXS. I am not quite sure how to spell it as the font is confusing on planetside2.com stats.

You have been placed on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in). Password: LuckySeven

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum/info/1355-combined-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/forum/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We are glad you have chosen to us, and look forward to gaming with you.

Kind Regards,
dnaRIP

Kelandra

May 27, 2013
Thank you for the acceptance.

I will be reinstalling tonight as I'm having a new motherboard and processor! So, might not be online later if it takes up my evening.

Also, myself and Jezz have removed ourselves from NoXS outfit.

Kelandra

May 27, 2013
Well, after a week of battling it out with bad luck in the pc department; we are back in action! PC is finally upgraded and ready.
Installing PS2 will be online tonight :)