[RR] [Application] Reoryn

Reoryn

Nov 10, 2012
Hi,

I appreciate recruitment is closed at the moment, but if it's ok, I thought I'd get this posted for when you open up again. If you'd rather I re-posted instead, just lemmie know and it shall be done!

---

Name: Daniel Cox

In-Game name: Reoryn

Previous Planetside experience: I played Planetside right through from Alpha, Beta and into release. I was there when Auraxis "Bent" and as much as I hate to admit it, I did enjoy rampaging around in my Biffer from time to time. I also worked for SOE as a GM for while (On Planetside as Server GM for Werner and on EverQuest - GM Konamaiki if anyone ever met me, but we were pretty low profile in Planetside) and spent many happy hours banning speed hackers, which seemed to be rife at one point, or locking them in place and using a GM Orbital Strike (good times).

Outfit history (if applicable): Unfortunately, during my time as a GM, I wasn't allowed to be involved in any Outfits, but I played with various ones back in early Planetside and after leaving. I'm pretty sure I played in the first incarnation of BRTD for a while on ol Werner, but that was ... well, a while ago. I've also been involved in guilds in other games, both as a member and helping to run them.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: I've played most major MMOs right from Meridian 59 and UO through to WoW, EverQuest, Rift, and a whole bunch of more obscure ones. I've also played various shooters over the years from good ol Quake online through to Battlefield, Neocron, Borderlands etc.... not a Call of Duty fan though I have to admit.

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Yep, nice little headset that filters out any heavy breathing I might do.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: When I play, I play to have fun and win at the same time. I try never to take the game too seriously, but at the same time, I'll try bloody hard to help out fellow outfit members or get involved in any Outfit wide operations. I think Planetside has always fallen a little short as a single player game, and when you get a really good cohesive group of players together, well balanced and working in Sync, the game suddenly transforms into an entirely different beast. I want to be able to enjoy PS2 again in that way, but also help others to enjoy it in that way too. I'll generally drop what I'm doing if the outfit needs help in some way or another, and so long as you can put up with a little sarcasm and the odd curse under my breath when an NC snipes me in the head, I'm usually pretty relaxed and chatty... and If I'm not chatting, I'm just listing and getting to know people. I also like to think I'm just odd enough not to actually frighten people.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit?: I remember playing with BRTD members along with some other outfits back in Werner, and I distinctly remember having more fun with a bunch of guys I'd often join up and Squad with. It's nice to know an Outfit has a good pedigree and has been loving Planetside in general as long as I have :)

What is your preferred play style:Generally I lean towards Infantry as a Support class - I'm still trying to decide at the moment whether to focus more on Medic for Engineer. I had intended to bide my time slightly and see which was more in need. I'm also fairly happy to pop out a ground vehicle when needed, though I have to say I'm not a big fan of the flying system in PS2.... unless it's changed since I tried (killed a lot of people in giant fireballs) it in early beta.

Anything else you'd like to add: Hopefully by the time you re-open recruitment, the Hamsters powering Miller will have been put on Caffeine drips and people will stop warping all over the shop. Also, I liked the old PS server names much better than the new ones, and I make the world's best chocolate brownies. I appreciate that's pretty irrelevant, but a) It's true, and b) I couldn't think of anything else to add in this section.

P.S. I had nothing to do with the RTFM forced name change, promise!

PPS. Incidentally, my name way back when on Werner was Forge - Miracle I got that name really :)

Cheers,
Dan/Reo

J

Jamriko

[Application] Reoryn

Thank you for taking interest in BRTD. As you know, Recruitment is closed right now so I have marked this thread for re-reviewing when Recruitment opens.

See you soon!
Jamriko

Reoryn

Nov 10, 2012
Cheers for the reply, much appreciated. Look forward to the reopening :)

And I'll grab the details and do so next time I'm on.

Reoryn

Nov 10, 2012
Hey,

Just saw the Recruitment was open again so figured I'm jump back into my application to make sure it was still active :)

Cheers,
Reo

D

Dotz0r

hi.

I'd like to take the time to welcome you as a trial member of BRTD! You have been accepted on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble.

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355...d-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Regards,

Dotz0r.

P.s Mumble PW sent via PM - check the community tab