Stress from work

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
I will be on now and then.

The reason that I do not have that much time to play all of a sudden, is that I have been feeling very tired over the last couple of months. I haven't slept much, so when I come home from work I simply crash on the bed for several hours until late in the evening.

I know this is stress-related because at my customer there have been some people resigning and finding new employment, some reorganization and we need at least 2 more people to fill in the work load and now with summer vacation I tend to let people with children be with them while I hold down the fort.

I do have difficulty unwinding and relaxing, finding that inner peace. So if I all of a sudden during an OP logoff there is a reason. And this is it.

SaintSugary

Veterans
Oct 29, 2012
I know what you are talking about, having this insane project at work that lasts at least 6-8 months causes enough stress :(

I'm usually quite good handling stress but there is that certain point when enough is enough. Not that much interest doing stuff when you finally get back home.

But the thing what I do when I feel very stressed is that I listen some music. Something from Vangelis (my all time favorite) or then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o7tf0mXnlA&list=PL4E717523EB60A473

Put song on repeat, close eyes, drink something good and puff, you get a little break from work stuff :)

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Isn't Vangelis the guy who did the soundtrack to Blade Runner?
Hitman, try doing what I do: get drunk and then get stoned!
GL!

SaintSugary

Veterans
Oct 29, 2012
[quote="bpostal" post=19864]Isn't Vangelis the guy who did the soundtrack to Blade Runner?
Hitman, try doing what I do: get drunk and then get stoned!
GL![/quote]

Yes, exactly the movie that got me into Vangelis music.

But I can highly recommend that "getting drunk"-part too...hell, I'm drunk even now! :woohoo:

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Bunch of cry babies, I finished work at 4am up at 7am in work for 9am and still got a mounting of shit to do.... It's hell on earth.... Only 4 days to Florida.

Pointy

EddiesMinion

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Bristol, UK
That ain't healthy Pointy...

PS2 is my stress relief - I just imagine every barney and smurf I kill is one of the wankers I work with/for :D

Also, alcohol.

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
Might I advice the punching of kittens? Or the favorite danish pastime... DRINKING! SKÅL!

Can't blame you for taking some time off as I've seen what stress can do to a person.

Pointy

Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
[quote="ChipMHazard" post=19878]Might I advice the punching of kittens? Or the favorite danish pastime... DRINKING! SKÅL!

Can't blame you for taking some time off as I've seen what stress can do to a person.[/quote]

I hate cats and agree with the throwing the especially when they scratch you.

Pointy who is still fucking working

Pointy

Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Arrrr much better. Monday go live going to be hell. Still got a team working onsite. Planetside later for me lol.

Pointy

Pointy

Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Arrrr much better. Monday go live going to be hell. Still got a team working onsite. Planetside later for me lol.

Pointy

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Re:Sv: Stress from work

And right now the Internet is flickering at my end. What else can you expect from a monday?

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk2

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
Re:Sv: Stress from work

Are you sure it's a jackhammer? You didn't just forget to turn off your vibrator before you put it back in the drawer?

Also, circus midgets! Midgets everywhere!