Tabbzter - london for the weekend

Tabby

Jan 25, 2013
Just for the weekend now 8-10 feb, not so many days but I just thought if there was any BRTD member from london, I'm going there with my GF as a minor vacation (We are from sweden). Anything special that you think is worth doing in London?

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Please to go and I know as I live here.

1) Leicester SQ make sure you keep your money safe. Pick pocket heaven - Good for the buskers and foods.
2) Covent Garden - Buskers galore. Loads of traditional pubs
3) London Eye
4) Duck tours. Amphibous vechicles through the Thames past MI6
5) Tower of London
5) Oxford Street - Shopping

I could go on.... but im sure you have your own lists.

ChromeNewt

Dec 17, 2012
If you carry a rucksack DON'T do the tourist thing and wear it on your front. It may be "safer" but will mark you as a tourist and in certain places prices will go up.
Don't store anything valuable in your bags. Wallets etc in your front trouser/jeans pockets and NOT inside jacket pockets.
If buying anything from the markets or shops in Camden then say you "don't want the tourist price" and start haggling like you're in Morroco (only works if you heeded my earlier advice and wearing your bags correctly). Target price is anywhere between 70-80% but I have gotten half price before now simply because I was bored and actually wanted to leave the shop.
If you're of the Goth/Rivethead/Punk/Cyber/TechHead persuasion then seek out Slimelight in Islington. It's a total dive but pretty much like any nightclub in any movie (like Blade etc) and you can take your own drinks in there. You'll need to be signed in but let me know when and I'll make an excuse to visit again.

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
[quote="ChromeNewt" post=11992]If you carry a rucksack DON'T do the tourist thing and wear it on your front. It may be "safer" but will mark you as a tourist and in certain places prices will go up.
Don't store anything valuable in your bags. Wallets etc in your front trouser/jeans pockets and NOT inside jacket pockets.
If buying anything from the markets or shops in Camden then say you "don't want the tourist price" and start haggling like you're in Morroco (only works if you heeded my earlier advice and wearing your bags correctly). Target price is anywhere between 70-80% but I have gotten half price before now simply because I was bored and actually wanted to leave the shop.
If you're of the Goth/Rivethead/Punk/Cyber/TechHead persuasion then seek out Slimelight in Islington. It's a total dive but pretty much like any nightclub in any movie (like Blade etc) and you can take your own drinks in there. You'll need to be signed in but let me know when and I'll make an excuse to visit again.[/quote]

Ahh camden, I spent a weekend in London about 2 years ago and we ended up spending all our time shopping for clothes in camden :p

Tabby

Jan 25, 2013
Thanks guys! Always nice with some tips. Plans are, friday night search for a proper pub to eat and drink some (tip from a english coworker to find a real pub instead of ordinary restaurant). Whole saturday around picadilly circus, heard of shops I wanna visit there. Also Trocadero I think it's called, wanna check that out. Also during saturday do something like London eye, just take a peek at MI6 building and such. Don't got much time before plane on sunday so gonna put all my energy into saturday :)

What's the price for a daily tube pass? So we can go wherever we want around central london for the whole day.