Traveling Tactics Practice Sunday 9pm GMT

S

Snap

Alright guys its time to setup some official tactics that we will use EVERY time we roll out from the warpgate in a sunderer or galaxy. If we setup a system that can be repeated it will make us less vulnerable when those unpredictable events transpire. We have two setups one for each transport we will go into more detail at the practice. I would especially like to see as many squad leaders as possible there to relay the information we go over to your squads. After we go through each setup we will head out and kick some ass.

Sunday 9pm GMT

Attention!!! This practice has been moved to Sunday 9pm GMT

Hope to see you there,
-Snap

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012
Traveling Tactics Practice

so will we have some sort of training event for these tactics and do you want us to contribute ideas in this thread? one thing we should deffinitly do is have a standard policy for gunners (when to shoot, what to shoot, when to hold fire. eg when droping in a hotzone with plenty of hostiles that have already seen us, blast away and do as much dammage as you can before you reach the drop zone)

D

DLC602

[quote="Huller" post=7473]one thing we should deffinitly do is have a standard policy for gunners (when to shoot, what to shoot, when to hold fire. eg when droping in a hotzone with plenty of hostiles that have already seen us, blast away and do as much dammage as you can before you reach the drop zone)[/quote]

Could I point you in the direction of the Vehicle Convoy Principles guide in the Bootcamp tab? Mainly this bit...

"3: Target Priority. Gunners, during travel, please don't shoot EVERYTHING you see. This only attracts attention to the fact we're there! Maybe that lone Reaver pilot hasn't seen us and is too busy dealing with another target. That means we slip by, undetected and damage free. Drivers and Leaders have the overall say on this. Ordered to hold fire? DO SO! Only engage if you think the target is targeting us as the driver might be busy. And conserve your ammo!"

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012

my bad, forgot about that part. I'll reread the bootcamp just in case I forgot something else.