What platform

TAC0117

Aug 8, 2013
is BRTD using planetside 2 on steam>? im wondering because i want to join as quickly as possible and not stuff my computer with the wrong thing. and hey ill be joining soon maybe after today. yes download speed is really bad but hey its ok playing it. i 1st heard of this from a mate when i went over his. and i have to say. SUCH AN EPIC GAME!!. oh btw i think when BRTD did that youtube video of the huge aerial assault i think you flew over my mates head when he was playing it. he was defending that base. yeah he was with papa smurf but no i cant remember his name. hope to join you brave soldiers soon. long live terra!!!

Bisher

Mar 4, 2013
Platform really shouldn't matter. Steam merely launches the same launcher that the stand alone uses. But personally I would get it direct from Sony.

TAC0117

Aug 8, 2013
thx buddy. on any other forums barely anyone replies. good to know this faction cares for its members and thx for awnsering in a way a 4yr old could understand. see you on the battlefield soldier :)

RedEye

Jan 16, 2013
[quote="Bishdark" post=20369]Platform really shouldn't matter. Steam merely launches the same launcher that the stand alone uses. But personally I would get it direct from Sony.[/quote]
Heard reports that steam impacts FPS somehow, personally I don't notice any drops when using steam version vs soe one.

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
[quote="RedEye" post=20374][quote="Bishdark" post=20369]Platform really shouldn't matter. Steam merely launches the same launcher that the stand alone uses. But personally I would get it direct from Sony.[/quote]
Heard reports that steam impacts FPS somehow, personally I don't notice any drops when using steam version vs soe one.[/quote]

Might be on low end computers.

D

Dotz0r

SOE/Pro7 = same servers just different launch client.

Stick to steam, it makes SOE accounts. SOE accounts best account. Station cash over seven cash any day.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
[quote="Dotz0r" post=20378]SOE/Pro7 = same servers just different launch client.

Stick to steam, it makes SOE accounts. SOE accounts best account. Station cash over seven cash any day.[/quote]

This right here is the only reason to use steam, if you're at risk of being stuck with a Pro7 account.
Otherwise, forget steam and all it's related bullshit.

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
Huh, didn't know you could circumvent the whole Pro7 thing by using Steam. Funny that, I guess there's a good reason for EU players to get the Steam "version".