Yearly Server Hosting

MGP

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Moscow, Russian Federation
Sent you $20, hope those will help.

PS Never donated via PayPal before. Am i supposed to send Jugg the transaction number i got in e-mail, so he can claim the money?

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
the money doesn't go to me anymore it goes to jeff, when you use the donate button on this site it go to the right person.

we don't need the transaction number its your personal copy, we have it on our end as well.
/images/forums/donate.jpg

TobieBrave

Let's drop the Beat!
Jan 12, 2013
Sweden
I donated earlier this year, I think it was 15 euro or something. Does those still count for this year?

Stubek

Nov 23, 2012
There is no mandatory donations m8. If and when you can you donate and if you cant no biggie.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
We use all donations for Outfit only purposes and we appreciate any size donation ie donation if you can, but we won't hassle anyone about it, as money is tight in most households.

We moved webserver earlier this year, which used a fair bit of the donation pot, but we now have a much more stable website and it’s much quicker. We are on business level hosting. The old hosting was becoming really hard to use and unstable, i had several times the site going down for hours e.g. no support till the next morning basically 18+ hours before i could get them to fix their hosting issue.

We have several license that will need to be renewed in the next 1-5 months such as:

[ul]
[li] our automated backups program $49[/li]
[li] community system : $99[/li]
[li] template for the community section : €30-40[/li]
[li]acl mailer. €30-40[/li]
[li]and various other licenses [/li]
[/ul]

Basically in total its $400-500 a year to run a site like this. But it is a lot cheaper than using the likes of http://www.enjin.com/ and so on. Which tend to be slow and unappealing site and you have to use an enjin url as well.

Other large clans have much higher costs in the region of €1000+ because they use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo, Vbulletin forums and so on.

We will need help with volunteer's to do articles and images/website work as i do not have the time or the use of the english language to do interesting articles. pm Sharpe, dnarip or Juggernaut

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
[quote="Juggernaut" post=21821]We use all donations for Outfit only purposes and we appreciate any size donation ie donation if you can, but we won't hassle anyone about it, as money is tight in most households.

We moved webserver earlier this year, which used a fair bit of the donation pot, but we now have a much more stable website and it’s much quicker. We are on business level hosting. The old hosting was becoming really hard to use and unstable, i had several times the site going down for hours e.g. no support till the next morning basically 18+ hours before i could get them to fix their hosting issue.

We have several license that will need to be renewed in the next 1-5 months such as:

[ul]
[li] our automated backups program $49[/li]
[li] community system : $99[/li]
[li] template for the community section : €30-40[/li]
[li]acl mailer. €30-40[/li]
[li]and various other licenses [/li]
[/ul]

Basically in total its $400-500 a year to run a site like this. But it is a lot cheaper than using the likes of http://www.enjin.com/ and so on. Which tend to be slow and unappealing site and you have to use an enjin url as well.

Other large clans have much higher costs in the region of €1000+ because they use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo, Vbulletin forums and so on.

We will need help with volunteer's to do articles and images/website work as i do not have the time or the use of the english language to do interesting articles. pm Sharpe, dnarip or Juggernaut [/quote]

We need a sponser

Pointy

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
we already have one :)

Gamercomms sponsor the brtd mumble server.

The post above was mainly for Transparency reasons.the webserver is paid for till sept 2014. but we have other costs stated above. we have advertisment to reduce the costs, but it isn't much a couple euro a month in income from it.