[li]AMERISH CONTINENT!!![/li]
[/ul]
So yeah, we need to go own that :D

[ul]
[li]Grenade kill fix[/li]
[/ul]
Hopefully no more sticky grenades and killing yourself now

[ul]
[li]Indar has had some changes to capture area sizes and there's more cover around them[/li]
[/ul]

Squads

[ul]
[li]If you are in a squad and not the squad leader, the option to drop-pod on your leader is now available from the hotspots panel in the map screen.[/li]
[li]Spawn beacons no longer cost resources or use up a tool slot. Squad leaders will be able to use the spawn beacon on a timer.[/li]

[/ul]

Big update to our weapons

[ul]
[li]T1 Cycler: Increased vertical recoil. Reduced horizontal drift. Decreased starting hip fire accuracy.[/li]
[li]RF-3: Increased accuracy. Reduced vertical recoil. Gave horizontal recoil a more predictable pull to the left. Reduced damage at long range.[/li]
[li]SABR-13: Fixed bug causing accuracy to be worse when crouched. Increased projectile speed. Reduced vertical recoil to allow more consistent landing of follow up shots at range.[/li]
[li]TRAC-5: Initial recoil direction is more predictable. Small increase to reload time when a bullet is in the chamber. Reloading when empty remains the same.[/li]
[li]LC2 Lynx: Reduced vertical recoil.[/li]
[li]T5 AMC: Very small increase to first shot recoil, but made direction more predictable. Reduced horizontal drift.[/li]
[li]T9 CARV: Reduced horizontal recoil. Small reduction to recoil recovery rate.[/li]
[li]T9 CARV-S: Increased rate of fire to 750 RPM, from 700. Reduced horizontal recoil. Increased projectile speed. Reduced initial recoil, making the burst fire mode more useful.[/li]
[li]MSW-R: Overall reduction in recoil. Increased rate of fire to 800 RPM, from 750, to better match the hip fire accuracy's benefit in CQC.[/li]
[li]Repeater: Increased accuracy. Small reduction to damage at long range.[/li]
[/ul]

Reactions: 1 person

Aegir

Nov 2, 2012
Patch is now live for those wanting Amerish fun tonight. I'll see you tomorrow :)

Soberson

Oct 27, 2012
Still crashing like crap for me.
There was patch, 1 week ago that fixed all crashes for me. But then they hotfixed it

Ashoto

Oct 1, 2012
[quote="Soberson" post=4812]Still crashing like crap for me.
There was patch, 1 week ago that fixed all crashes for me. But then they hotfixed it[/quote]

It's a vicious cycle!

Krutkin

Oct 25, 2012
did you write in cmd "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072-or-how-many-ram-you-got-there-minus-1gb" stuff?

F

fbh

That "bcdedit /set increaseuserva" was a tweak that could be done for BF3. I wasn't even aware it had even been looked at for a tweak in PS2.
The reasoning behind it all is:
"Why things are this way on x64 is easy to explain. On x86 applications have 2GB of virtual memory out of 4GB (the other 2GB are reserved for the system). On x64 these two other GB can now be accessed by 32bit applications. In order to achieve this, a flag has to be set in the file's internal format."

I'm currently trying to find info about this on PS2.

The tweak, if anyone wants to have a look themselves, is:
"There was a fix for this and maybe it helps you guys with planetside 2 and win 7 32bit.

Windows 7/Windows Vista
* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
* In the command prompt type this exactly: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500. Then hit enter.
* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB."

-this is a quote hope this helps

There is also an old 4GB patch app that could be used to allow certain apps to use more ram by default.
4GB patch info

If anyone does decide to test this out then I highly recommend backing up the .exe you try it on as well as taking care with their own system. If someone does try this out then post your results, good or bad, in this thread to help others who might be in 2 minds.

Krutkin

Oct 25, 2012
i was looking really hard to stop constant crashing and found nothing. and bcdedit certainly does work for me so far

Deantwo

Veterans
Oct 30, 2012
[quote="MisterAegir" post=4795]Full notes can be found here, however here are the highlights:

Squads
[ul]
[li]If you are in a squad and not the squad leader, the option to drop-pod on your leader is now available from the hotspots panel in the map screen.[/li]
[li]Spawn beacons no longer cost resources or use up a tool slot. Squad leaders will be able to use the spawn beacon on a timer.[/li]
[/ul][/quote]

the first sound awesome...

the second? Spawn Beacons are now only usable by Squad Leaders? i just unlocked that...
and a timer? as in you can only use one every so often? (didn't get to play yesterday)

F

fbh

Could do with finding a couple more who have also used it Krutkin to give a better understanding that it does indeed work.
Gonna try the 4gb patch myself see if any benefits.

Deantwo, the squad beacon is meant to be deployed more tactfully than spammed tbh. Is same almost when they changed the galaxys.
They were getting abused and though you had a cool down timer on deploying on a beacon you could still effectively have 12 beacons from 1 squad.

Aegir

Nov 2, 2012
Yeah, the cooldown is to stop abuse from it. Mainly as the main mobile spawns are still the sunderer on purpose and then your squad lead can mark another location.

So usually useful on a larger fight for a location rather than a quick grab :)