Events [Dec 13, 2014] [SS] Miller vs Briggs vs Cobalt (Jaeger)

Aphotix

Veterans
Jan 19, 2013
Ugh, I should have watched the time as well. Could've joined this one lol, figured it was in the evening as always.
Good game though, I heard Miller did well up until the double team in the end?

TheRiddic4

Veterans
Nov 6, 2014
England
Plus the countdown timer on the homepage and events page should be a clue. WTF!? No blame on your part in the least @Wolfman109

Sent from my rotary phone
The countdown timer was tuned to paris which is GMT+1 (I think)
Where as the match was said to start at 12:00 GMT+0. So It was an hour out and yes he did make it eventually about an hour in. And there is no blame to be thrown here.

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
Where as the match was said to start at 12:00 GMT+0. So It was an hour out and yes he did make it eventually about an hour in. And there is no blame to be thrown here.
I came in when he announced 1:30h until serversmash ends :)

Aphotix

Veterans
Jan 19, 2013
Is it possible to let it auto convert to the timezone we have setup in the website?

I dont mind if the time is set to GMT, the PM/AM system is annoying me the most x) Is there a way to set it on a more normal clock? I know exactly what PM and AM mean and what time it is then, its just unnatural to me to have to convert that.

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
It was set to Paris time indeed, but it was set to 12.01pm CET (11.00 am GMT), which means that the count would have told people just to show up an hour earlier, which still isn't an execuse to be late.
The gifs I have to make through a website, they are wonky and change their timezones every so often. I have experienced it telling me I'm located in Russia (I'm from Denmark).
The most failproof way to tell the time is to make the math yourself.

PurpleHippo

A.K.A. xHippo
Nov 10, 2013
It was GMT noon and we were expected to show up atleast 30-60 mins before it started to get the accounts sorted so theres no reason to be late at all.

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
I dont mind if the time is set to GMT, the PM/AM system is annoying me the most x) Is there a way to set it on a more normal clock? I know exactly what PM and AM mean and what time it is then, its just unnatural to me to have to convert that.
Sure, if you find a better gif make when it comes to timezone conversion. The current one we use is the best one Juggs found.
The AM/PM system is just to tell if it's in the morning or night.
0.00 - 11.59 = AM
12.00 - 23.59 = PM

3.53 AM, is therefor close to 4 in the middle of the night
9.25 PM, is therefor close to halfpast 9 in the evening.

Aphotix

Veterans
Jan 19, 2013
Sure, if you find a better gif make when it comes to timezone conversion. The current one we use is the best one Juggs found.
The AM/PM system is just to tell if it's in the morning or night.
0.00 - 11.59 = AM
12.00 - 23.59 = PM

3.53 AM, is therefor close to 4 in the middle of the night
9.25 PM, is therefor close to halfpast 9 in the evening.

As I said, I fully understand the system. Its just annoying when I'm used to 21:25/9:25 etc. Just preferences ;)

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
Thats why I came 30min before.
I don't see how you can be late for that Strike, the countdown timer would have told you to be there 1 hour before match start. The match started at 12.01pm GMT, the timer was set to 11.00 am GMT (12.01 pm CET).
The gif will convert the time into your own timezone and count down from that point, so using the gif counter you won't need to change the timezone. The gif will already have done that for you. Based on your computers location.

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
I don't see how you can be late for that Strike, the countdown timer would have told you to be there 1 hour before match start. The match started at 12.01pm GMT, the timer was set to 11.00 am GMT (12.01 pm CET).
The gif will convert the time into your own timezone and count down from that point, so using the gif counter you won't need to change the timezone. The gif will already have done that for you. Based on your computers location.
Except it doesn't work properly

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
Well we were winning till like 20 min to the end then whole world collapsed on us :)
3 team SS means nothing but fun, and winning also means nothing becouse it depends who 2 other teams will attack.
Just my personal opinion.

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
Well we were winning till like 20 min to the end then whole world collapsed on us :)
3 team SS means nothing but fun, and winning also means nothing becouse it depends who 2 other teams will attack.
Just my personal opinion.
Thats prob why we lost, everybody turned to attack the current winner (us). But its more fun than a 1v1 SS