GU04

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
As of now, it is happening at 6 AM PDT on 3-13-2013. Here is a link to Hig's post:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/state-of-gu04-update.103246/

Text of post:

Hey all –

We’re currently set to release GU04 tomorrow morning at 6am PST.As always there is a chance that some issues could be found in the next few hours that would cause us to delay the update, but as of right now it’s looking like a “GO”.

GU04 is one of our biggest updates so far on Planetside 2 (seriously, the patch notes doc is 9 pages long!) and will have a huge number of new additions, game tuning and bug fixes including highlights like:

A brand new VR Training area, a place to try out every weapon, cert and vehicle in the game risk free
Flash Update which brings a new rumble seat, wraith module and the new S12 Renegade shotgun
New Respawn / Map interface
New drag-and-drop functionality on the platoon management window
Balancing of reserve ammo on infantry weapons
Tuning of AOE damage
Increased rewards for vehicle destruction
All new tower ground floor design
Warpgate rotations
Increases to passive cert gain for members as well as new member status panel
TONS o’ bug fixes

There are a couple notable features that are not on the list that I want to give an update on:

The Account Level Unlocks are extremely complex and important feature – the most popular feature we’ve had on the Roadmap thus far. Obviously it is a feature that is critical for us to get absolutely right. The potential for any changes to the how our player inventory system works to cause problems with your hard earned items means that we’re being exceptionally cautious with the rollout. Our plan right now is to release the Account Level Unlocks feature 1 week from GU04 release as long as we don’t run into any major hiccups in testing. We know you’ve been waiting for this feature and we’re sorry for the delay, but we hope that you understand the reasons for being cautious here.
We are still working on tuning and balancing for Empire Specific Rocket Launchers and don’t feel comfortable unlocking them quite yet, as soon as we feel like they’re ready to go we’ll be putting them up for you guys.

We’re really excited to get GU04 out to you guys and we’re confident the wait has been worth it!

-
mh

Mokushi

BRTD Member
Mar 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Excellent, let's see what the SOE have prepared... I trust all the updates would be in favor of the players, since the Dev team seems to take the players' requests seriously and are not the money grabbing bitches e.g. Blizzard is.
Not sure if they are gonna nerf TR, but I hope they don't try that. :D I heard someone was saying they might do that on Mumble yesterday :D

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Longer list:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-downtine-03-13-2013.103289/

But shouldnt this be posted in the News-thread?

Oysterizer

BRTD Member
Jan 23, 2013
Why do I suspect that the Virtual Training Area will be busier than the active continents? At least for this week ;)

cheers,
Oyst

Oysterizer

BRTD Member
Jan 23, 2013
Manual minimap zoom is now supported. The default keybindings are ‘[‘ and ‘]’ for zoom out and zoom in, respectively.

yes! great news..perhaps I can now find people in the Bio Lab :cheer:

senond

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Switzerland
seems to be a good patch from the looks of it.
except the blast radius change on Rocket Pods and especialy the Claymore...did not see any need for this.

also, bye bye C-4 suicide runs, C-4 now disapears when dying :(

Reactions: 1 person

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
[quote="senond" post=13786]seems to be a good patch from the looks of it.
except the blast radius change on Rocket Pods and especialy the Claymore...did not see any need for this.

also, bye bye C-4 suicide runs, C-4 now disapears when dying :([/quote]

It would be better if they just removed the ability to detonate it after you respawn.

ChromeNewt

Dec 17, 2012
Nerfing the claymore was a dick move. The one thing that made the complete visibility of the charge bearable was the range of it. Now it's like the other charges, visible and only explodes in a 70(ish) degree angle. Time to dump those from my loadout...

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
[quote="ChromeNewt" post=13795]Nerfing the claymore was a dick move. The one thing that made the complete visibility of the charge bearable was the range of it. Now it's like the other charges, visible and only explodes in a 70(ish) degree angle. Time to dump those from my loadout...[/quote]

You could also be a dick and do what I do, I put claymores on the terminals of enemy sundies, anyone who wants to change loadout or resupply will die :D

Reactions: 1 person
F

fbh

[quote="Oysterizer" post=13781]Why do I suspect that the Virtual Training Area will be busier than the active continents? At least for this week ;)

cheers,
Oyst[/quote]

Seeing as you can take recruits there and train how to attack towers and outposts without fear of been nuked?
I'd say the recruit training team has some work in store for them with this ;)

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Game is pretty broken for me.

If you happen to die, you can have it happen that you desync and are somewhat immortal, but you cant rez, heal, supplie or anything at all.

Raiche

Dec 4, 2012
Game is broken for me atm, i got horrible FPS, everyone i see at close -> medium range warp around so its impossible to lead or hit them. They suddenly appear or start shooting before i can see them ( lag issue server predicts movement and shows me on their screen even when i stopped before turning the corner, they shoot me and server says im dead).

Prowler, heat now useless, AP and anchor is next loadout im gonna use, gonna cert up mineguard as well as with increased xp for vehicle kills we get a lot more suicide engis. Also prowler got a lot of reload and recoil bugs, notice how after a shot your aim starts wobbling kind of like a late echo of your first shot.

And flying magriders are back, all VS rejoice. They got vids up of them doing 220 kph up 90 degree mountains again. Also something is really bugged with some guns, missing attachments, sights, etc. Right now im thinking of taking a break until they fix at least the fps and lag cause its completely unplayable for me.

Keg

Nov 4, 2012
[quote="Raiche" post=13838] Also something is really bugged with some guns, missing attachments, sights, etc. Right now im thinking of taking a break until they fix at least the fps and lag cause its completely unplayable for me.[/quote]

I confirm this, I can't equip scope on one of my guns and sometimes even my default aim is not on the gun.

Didn't really notice the performance problems? Did you delete the ini file?

F

Frymewitheggs

[quote="Hitman Zeus" post=13823]Game is pretty broken for me.

If you happen to die, you can have it happen that you desync and are somewhat immortal, but you cant rez, heal, supplie or anything at all.[/quote]

This. There was a dead guy running around Eisa tech plant as a corpse yesterday just spotting everyone. Annoying as hell.

Raiche

Dec 4, 2012
Reset the ini file and no improvement, i noticed it shows cpu as bottleneck now apparently. I even pushed the overclock further but to no avail. Got 40 fps tops when noone around and no action, anything starts exploding and im down to 4 fps. But the lag is the equally bigger issue, im on fiber connection and no problems detected there so should'nt be a issue, the server is really messed up for me.

Think im gonna take a small break or something as trying to play like this is just burning out all desire to play really.

Mokushi

BRTD Member
Mar 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Goddamn... did they really screw up the game THAT bad? I am going to play tonight, hopefully I get less of those problems...
How can a Dev team fuck it this bad with a MAIN update...? Shouldn't they do local testing first? :D

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
[quote="Mokushi" post=13848]Goddamn... did they really screw up the game THAT bad? I am going to play tonight, hopefully I get less of those problems...
How can a Dev team fuck it this bad with a MAIN update...? Shouldn't they do local testing first? :D[/quote]

It's not the first time that they have made the game run like crap after an update, they always hotfix it pretty fast tho so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

I currently get horrible frame drops where my FPS drops to about 20-25 and before I've always been between 35-40 in big battles.
I've lost about 40 FPS from before the patch so I can't really play the game like I could before.

F

fbh

Yea, the difference from before patch to now is quite large. The official forums have a thread where peeps are reporting a loss ranging from 15 fps to 40 fps.
Last night when myself and Yami were on Amerish dog fighting as soon as the biodome came into view my fps just sank.

Very uncomfortable with low fps. Even more so when you need a stable fps to do your damn role lol

Mokushi

BRTD Member
Mar 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
I will report on what I experience tonight... But they have to fix this shit, the game is ultra heavy in system requirements without the glitchy patches. :D

Tasty

Jan 2, 2013
Steveo is gonna be a happy boy about this one. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djl_znO1pUQ[/MEDIA]

P.S Works with every vehicle. :p