Outfit News News thread

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Please post all relevant news regarding patches, new weapons, new vehicle and such in this thread. Also please post links so they can be added to this collection of news sources.

-----

Sources:

Official Planetside 2

Fan sites

Reddit

Twitter

Facebook

Youtube

Resources

Glory to the Terran Republic!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Invuln

Nov 7, 2012
Thanks for this thread, I have been meaning to find these links myself but have never been that bothered to do it. I guess I knew someone else would do it for me in the end, if I waited long enough >.>

Cheers!

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
[quote="Invuln" post=10870]Thanks for this thread, I have been meaning to find these links myself but have never been that bothered to do it. I guess I knew someone else would do it for me in the end, if I waited long enough >.>

Cheers![/quote]

You horrible, horrible vicious old man fart! Oh, well, at least you get to read the news! XD

Raiche

Dec 4, 2012
Took a brief look on the different hack sites and got good news and bad news:

Good news: many got banned lately with the showdown, guess SOE was cleaning a bit.
Bad news: It seems all the bans were on US servers and no reports of even obvious ones being banned hence hackers recommending each other to go on EU servers. I think this is a issue that needs to be raised with SOE if we can, im dont know about you guys but havent seen the surveillance drone spam since before christmas and have rarely seen those invulnerable GM's around as well.

If this is a issue with the company running the EU servers or its just SOE continued effort to give a shit about EU i dont know either way im wondering what we can do to press the issue, if the word spreads that EU servers is FFA to hack on we're looking at a bleak future. I seriously fucking hate having a good fight only to have 1 aimbot teleport in and destroying everything.

ChromeNewt

Dec 17, 2012
[quote="Raiche" post=11265]Took a brief look on the different hack sites and got good news and bad news:

Good news: many got banned lately with the showdown, guess SOE was cleaning a bit.
Bad news: It seems all the bans were on US servers and no reports of even obvious ones being banned hence hackers recommending each other to go on EU servers. I think this is a issue that needs to be raised with SOE if we can, im dont know about you guys but havent seen the surveillance drone spam since before christmas and have rarely seen those invulnerable GM's around as well.

If this is a issue with the company running the EU servers or its just SOE continued effort to give a shit about EU i dont know either way im wondering what we can do to press the issue, if the word spreads that EU servers is FFA to hack on we're looking at a bleak future. I seriously fucking hate having a good fight only to have 1 aimbot teleport in and destroying everything.[/quote]
Much as I hate the idea, if SOE do nothing about it then the only thing we can do is either leave or have our own group of "aimbot griefers" that get given a name and all they do is aimbot the aimbotters. Troll the fuck out of them until it's not "fun" for them anymore. I'm not up on the process or apps required to aimbot, but I've seen enough of the youtube vids to know they should just die quietly away from anyone knowing who they are.

Invuln

Nov 7, 2012
Those tower changes are gonna be a problem for my HE Prowler, I'm sure it won't make too much of a difference though >.>

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
Pretty sure we've all seen that the patch has been delayed, no new date for now but they've said it should be coming out sometime this week.

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Update 02 MBT changes, via mhigby

Looks like there is an update on the 2nd of February, that will change Main Battle Tanks extensively;

Matt Higby said:
Lets talk upcoming tank changes in update 02. #PS2ning

Vanguard: HEAT ~10% velocity increase, AP ~20% velocity increase, Enforcer +acceleration (3x top speed) 5% increase top/side armor

Prowler: HEAT: damage +25%, AP: damage +20%, velocity+10%, Vulcan dmg over range evened - nerfed near dmg, increased far dmg. #PS2ning

Prowler Lockdown: major muzzle velocity buff when in Lockdown, Prowler AP turret in LD now has the highest velocity of all tanks. #PS2ning

Magrider: Removed hover length bonus from performance items, reduced muzzle velocity for HRB (300->250). #PS2ning

These are big changes to tank balance, we're excited to see how they play out and of course will continue to adjust as necessary. #PS2ning

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Here's more about the MBT changes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/17n43c/update_02_mbt_changes_via_mhigby/c871z4x

"Picking a random day from last month, the effective K:D of MBTs vs. other MBTs across about 10k tank vs tank fights was:

Magrider: 1.71 Vanguard: 0.87 Prowler: 0.63"

"The buff to the HEAT and AP rounds is only to the direct hit, so it's very targeted to vs tank. People will still be able to farm infantry with HEAT as they can today, but the splash isn't increasing, so they're not getting any better ability to farm infantry. "

Cant quote stuff atm, says that it's "Loading BBCode editor...."

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
WIP Interlink Facility spotted in the game files

eWjr6Fr.png

Interlink Facility - Tech Plant - Amp Station comparison

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
Some API sites with handy tools (maps, camo viewers, damage calculators, server status etc.):
http://planetside2armory.com/
http://www.heavysden.com/ps2/ps2_preview.php
http://ps2maps.com/
http://ps2hq.com/

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Matt Higby said:
The @planetside2 players site beta is now open! Lots of statistical goodness, check it out! https://players.planetside2.com