Observations, what needs to improve NOW.

Raiche

Dec 4, 2012
As for training recruits, there is the basics of the game and the outfit. I can help with running training and running through the basics ( im a teacher at heart anyway).
The training evenings i can be there if not all then at least 90%. Personally id like to start out with squad level training, one trainer/SL and up to 11 recruits.

Also getting in the jargon and such, with VR this should be more doable how to roll out etc. Tanks, sundy's, air, gal drops, infantry etc etc.

ChromeNewt

Dec 17, 2012
You know what I'm seeing? A lot of people AGREEING with each other. Maybe we should step away from the game proper for a short while, go to the VR and just hammer out all the tactics, grievances and build an even better BRTD than before! I hasten to add, I'm not advocating splinter outfits.

What we need is a montage....

ChromeNewt

Dec 17, 2012
[quote="Pointy" post=14112]If you need some help I don't mind mentoring somebody.

Pointy[/quote]
Shotgun and POW! Train me up and point me and the boys at the enemy! :woohoo:

D

Dotz0r

[quote="ChromeNewt" post=14111]You know what I'm seeing? A lot of people AGREEING with each other. Maybe we should step away from the game proper for a short while, go to the VR and just hammer out all the tactics, grievances and build an even better BRTD than before! I hasten to add, I'm not advocating splinter outfits.

What we need is a montage....[/quote]

Going to make another topic - it will be a thread asking who wants to do what. So we can get a good grasp of what people would like to do, it wont be 100% official but it will give me a good image of who wants to do more.

Reactions: 1 person

ChromeNewt

Dec 17, 2012
Re: Re: Observations, what needs to improve NOW.

[quote="Dotz0r" post=14115][quote="ChromeNewt" post=14111]You know what I'm seeing? A lot of people AGREEING with each other. Maybe we should step away from the game proper for a short while, go to the VR and just hammer out all the tactics, grievances and build an even better BRTD than before! I hasten to add, I'm not advocating splinter outfits.

What we need is a montage....[/quote]

Going to make another topic - it will be a thread asking who wants to do what. So we can get a good grasp of what people would like to do, it wont be 100% official but it will give me a good image of who wants to do more.[/quote]
Let's do this!

LEEEEEROY.... JENKINNSSSSA!

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Re: Observations, what needs to improve NOW.

Scheduled CQB drills (with OpFor if possible) would be awesome, and I think, rather helpful.
Also designating a pointman for each major movement (say from hard spawn to hard spawn outside a facility) so that everyone knows who to follow and when to move out.

I'll admit to getting burnt out, not just with squad leading but with the game, so I often find myself taking breaks or handing over SL before I start snapping at people. I always feel bad though because the general consensus over SL comms is usually something to the effect of *crickets* (which I'm also guilty of) or variations of the phrase 'fuuuuuuuuck'
I know SL and PL isn't easy, especially when people are on their own program, and it's rough being responsible for the enjoyment of over a dozen other people, which also has to factor in to which fights get fought and hell, sometimes there's just not a decent fight to be found.

Overall, it's one of the reasons I've 180'd on Frankies idea because it will force this kind of cooperation and teamwork or we'll spend all day getting our shit pushed in. Nobody enjoys that.

On the topic of 'casual' play: I don't ever recall reading a requirement that all members must be in a Reaper at all times they're online. Why not just have people who just want to fuck about hang around in the Mess Hall? Plus you can always make temp channels if it starts getting really noisy.

All in all, this is something that needed to be said and I applaud your courage Dotzor to actually say it, instead of getting drunk and beating our blowup dolls like some of us.

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
Seeing this outfit evolved since I joined in beta I can relate to your points:
[ul]
[li]12 man squad: Always a discussion but let's proceed with your ideas[/li]
[li]Undermanned staff/ burnt out leaders: Besides people always come and go because of RL, the game doesn't exactly make leadership quite rewarding atm. You look at the map a lot, get shot while doing it, quite stressful at times, missing out on the action, etc. The open letter was there for a reason of course.[/li]
[li]Stricter recruiting: Sure. If we expect more from new people we need to give them back more of course.[/li]
[li]K/D, XP farming mentality: As much as I like to play this game for tactical play, the lack of meta game and the game wearing out makes it understandable for people to play more for XP farming atm. Hopefully this is more of a temporary issue.[/li]
[/ul]
In the end I don't think that its necessarily the people that have become "worse". I think that there's some fatigue gotten into this game in general that has reflected itself on the outfit. And believe me, we are not the only outfit suffering from this. Does that mean we shouldn't do anything about it? Hell no, I like your idea of "What can you do for your outfit?" so let's get on to it. For me, I like to develop all these great tactics ideas people come up with so I'm always willing to help members making them happen.

Stubek

Nov 23, 2012
Problem is not in outfit it self. The game atm dont reward strategy or tactics, there is no incentive to do anything and with all your planning and executing what it boils down to everytime is are the numbers 20%+/-.

Only way to influence the game and outcomes atm is speed and staying together and that is what needs to be practiced.

Also what changed is training is now just for recruits and i think we need training of moving with squad, recall. moving out etc. Sound very basic and silly but that is exactly what we need.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
[quote="Stubek" post=14164]... and i think we need training of moving with squad, recall. moving out etc. Sound very basic and silly but that is exactly what we need.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm free Wed and Friday evenings (hopefully before midnight) to do some shit in Vr.

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
[quote="bpostal" post=14180][quote="Stubek" post=14164]... and i think we need training of moving with squad, recall. moving out etc. Sound very basic and silly but that is exactly what we need.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm free Wed and Friday evenings (hopefully before midnight) to do some shit in Vr.[/quote]

I'm willing too to contribute how to regroup effective and fast. I still have some know-how since I was the truck-driver who pulled this sucker 1999/2000:

h77bskjuter430_334.jpg

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product2358.html

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012
I agree with most of what FBH said, basicaly we are being too casual all the time. We could help things get allong for the better by starting serious ops with a full recall to the WG, meet up on the shiney and lay out the battle plan before loading up in gals/ sunderers. Just so we (the members/cannon fodder) get a heads up and now is the time to put asside the casual face and put on the serious ops face.

senond

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Switzerland
I really liked the new Squad system we tested the day before yesterday.
Fast response and good overview over your fellow squad mates while still seeing where the rest of our ppl are.

i try to act more like we did in Beta aswell, call out, see what is missing, act.