Events [Oct 26, 2014] ServerSmash Miller vs Cobalt, featuring BRTD (Hossin, Jaeger server)

Rear

Dec 6, 2013
Can add me as a reserve again - I always tend to show up anyway :p. RNX are good but I don't really know iECP (iron eclipse?) or 208 (208th Strike Unit?).

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
Done. We for sure missed you and 4 other people last time. So to get things clear, even as a reserve you're expected to be available if you sign up for this. It's often on the very last moment that we need to rely on them.

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
Rear was present last week, I gave him an account as soon as he arrived on TS and he was all like "But I'm a reserve", and I was all like "Well tough shit now you are a man, a man man man".*

*This may or may not be how ot played out in reality.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Done. We for sure missed you and 4 other people last time. So to get things clear, even as a reserve you're expected to be available if you sign up for this. It's often on the very last moment that we need to rely on them.

Perhaps reserve spots have been communicated as a spot for those thinking "I might be coming" instead of a "im coming for sure, but all spots were taken on signup".

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
That's why I cleared it up.

Reserve from now on means: "I can and want to play but it seems you have enough people" or "I can and want to play but I will let other people go first. NOT "I want to play but I might or might not be around". That simply doesn't work for these matches, so in that case you will not be put on the reserve list until you confirm you can actually make it.

Needless to say, that also means that if you signed up (reserve or not) but things change and you can't make it, you have to let that know asap.

Reactions: Irathi

Rear

Dec 6, 2013
I've turned up to every single SS & TRAC op that I've signed up for, even as a reserve. The confusion lies in the difference between my forum name and in-game/mumble name (which I did mention on my original BRTD application last year, but would rather not change as my normal IGN is Rear/deviations including Rear).

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
I'd just like to remind everyone thinking about signing up that we need to submit this list by tomorrow (Sunday) night. If we can't get a squad I need to let the FC know so he can replace us.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Come on people we need more to sign up. New members there's plenty of open spots and this is a great opportunity to participate in probably the most organized event we have.

TobieBrave

Let's drop the Beat!
Jan 12, 2013
Sweden
Sad we cant gather 12 ppl for 3h in almost 300 outfit
Every name on the list are active on the forum, if the people who are in mumble read the channels and moved their arse here once a week. It would be a different story. (Forgive my harsh language)

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
Every name on the list are active on the forum, if the people who are in mumble read the channels and moved their arse here once a week. It would be a different story. (Forgive my harsh language)

Mumble channels info is bad option, we have to many info there and none care. And my mumble closing lobby so i cant see any info until i open lobby tab. I dont know is that only my mumble or general.

Some pop-up window would be nice option after you log in to mumble but i have no idea if its possible.

Or even info in Reaper1

EddiesMinion

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Bristol, UK
We just need to shout at people in mumble until they sign up :D

Or I can write up a newsletter to go out tonight and hopefully grab some last minute sign ups... What do you think @dnaRIP ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
We just need to shout at people in mumble until they sign up :D

Or I can write up a newsletter to go out tonight and hopefully grab some last minute sign ups... What do you think @dnaRIP ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
That an great idea. I'll poke DNA about it shortly.

Typed with one finger on a sheet of glass.

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
Are people burnt out on Server Smash atm, is that the problem? I mean we're on a losing streak and have had about 3 or 4 matches in the last couple of months. Are people just fed up and needing a break from it all?

TobieBrave

Let's drop the Beat!
Jan 12, 2013
Sweden
Are people burnt out on Server Smash atm, is that the problem? I mean we're on a losing streak and have had about 3 or 4 matches in the last couple of months. Are people just fed up and needing a break from it all?
Either this, or people are busy that date. The silence troubles me though...

Edit: I recently had a look on the pilot signups, it's not looking like we fill 4 squads...
I think the interest has declined very much.

Last edited:

EddiesMinion

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Bristol, UK
I know I'm kinda bored of the SS meta...redeployside is all well and good, but it wears pretty thin after 2 hours. The main reason I signed up was to try to make sure we don't have to pull out.