[Project] Newsletter

EddiesMinion

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Bristol, UK
85 percent ish of the outfit are playing though...Just not all at the same time...maybe a more organised approach to ops, training, MNM etc would help...I mean, every recruit gets a message saying training is weekly...it isn't. Ops are only when dna does them or there's a big event...people get disenfranchised when things aren't regular.

So, I think that we need people to step up to run these events and then the newsletter can advertise them. All very good in theory lol.

All imho, of course :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
[quote="Pajszer" post=33479]What do you think about including a link to a survey which would contains questions why ppl not playing anymore?[/quote]
Polls can be potentiality a very interesting newsletter topic to get some discussion and therefore BRTD engagement going, as long as you're asking the right questions.

For instance, I wouldn't focus on what made you leave the game/BRTD, but more on what does it take to get you back into the game/BRTD again.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
[quote="SaintSugary" post=33457]

1. Whats happening with BRTD: Gameplay videos, player of the year and camo-voting type of "events", trainings, BRTD-meeting (when????) etc.

2. PS2 news/happenings: Game related news, events (server smash), roadmaps etc.

3. Other games/events: Game of the month-vote? Games that a lot of us are currently playing (we should have a chosen person who is running stuff in each game for BRTD?),[/quote]

[quote="Rolfsky" post=33424]My general suggestion would be to not reinvent the wheel too much. The general goal of the newsletter is to stay in touch with BRTD members that aren't playing or visiting the forums frequently and provide them a short overview on what they have been missing lately.
This means we can easily tab on content that's already out there in the forums and other sources and stick to providing links with short descriptions/summaries. As Pajszer said, for a first time we can go back a bit longer but after that it's mostly a 1 or 3 month cycle, depending on the newsletter frequency.

My suggestion for a format:
[ol]
[li]Game related news[/li]
[li]Community related news[/li]
[li]BRTD related news[/li]
[li]Various unrelated news[/li]
[/ol]
1. Game related news: This is stuff around PS2 itself.
[ol]
[li]Summary of most important changes from the last patches[/li]
[li]Nifty tips and guides from our forums and other sources (like an implant guide for instance)[/li]
[li]Developer/SOE related stuff[/li]
[li]Upcoming changes to the game (roadmap related stuff like Hossin/continent locking)[/li]
[/ol]
[ul]
[li]Waterson-Mattherson merge upcoming (If you're not from Waterson, you don't water, son.): http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/27i39r/twitter_j_smedley_looking_good_for_a_waterson/[/li]
[li]Tank (turret stabilization!) and Liberator (big nerf) changes upcoming: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/upcoming-tank-and-liberator-changes.189062/[/li]
[li]New continent locking, Warpgate rotating and Alert rules! A locked continent triggers a Warpgate rotation and is now unplayable until another continent gets locked. During off-hours multiple continents can be locked and Alerts are only triggered by players now: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/june-continent-locking.189065/
[/li]
[/ul]

2. Community related news: What's going on around the game.
[ol]
[li]Competitive scene and other community events (CC, PAL, Ps2Pickup/ServerSmash)[/li]
[li]Remarkable contributions from the community (PSU, reddit, Youtube, SOE forums): Like this video for instance or the Recursion overlay ("double kill!").[/li]
[li]"Channel (Youtube/Twitch/podcast) of the month".[/li]
[li]Agenda, upcomming community stuff.[/li]
[/ol]

3. BRTD related news: Everything around our members and community
[ol]
[li]BRTD in the news, external BRTD coverage.[/li]
[li]Player profile, a 'member of the month" interview.[/li]
[li]From our members: Remarkable forum posts, Mumble quotes, "BRTD moments", YouTubes and other contributions (like our awesome new landing page)[/li]
[li]BRTD events and agenda: AAR's, upcoming trainings and matches.[/li]
[li]Official announcements: New members, promotions, cert requirements, new Mumble version, new host, etc.[/li]
[/ol]

4. Various unrelated news: This is mainly stuff picked by our editors that doesn't fall into the categories above.
[ol]
[li]Editor column[/li]
[li]News about other games popular within BRTD, like Star Citizen or DayZ[/li]
[li]Funny news, pics and Youtubes[/li]
[li]Etc.[/li]
[/ol]

Btw I'm not suggesting that every newsletter necessarily needs to cover all these (sub-)categories, nor that we should stick to only these ones. It's just a rough guidance for stuff we can think off to put in.

It might be a handy idea to create a newsletter sticky topic in the public forum, where everybody can dump their content links in for editors to choose from. We also need to think about tools that let us easily create newsletters like www.paper.li[/quote]

Personally i would leave out a poll in this newsletter, keep it simple, otherwise we'll get bogged down on it imho. Remember the world cup is about to start , so i suspect there will be a drop in numbers.

Besides we have other stuff to sort first. we have plenty of material for newsletter this month. so lets pick and choose what we want in the newsletter. I think a meeting on mumble would cover more ground. lets setup a quick meeting sometime this week.

CyrixBlack

BRTD Member
Apr 14, 2014
What about 'member of the week' added to the newsletter, interview a member each week and chat about their experiences with ps2, BRTD and hardware they use etc and other cool RL stuff?

Fav type of cheese, milk or toast etc?

Sent from my phone via my thumbs which smell of cheese today.

Ellynora

Veterans
Feb 2, 2014
[quote="Rolfsky" post=33424]

4. Various unrelated news: This is mainly stuff picked by our editors that doesn't fall into the categories above.
[ol]
[li]Editor column[/li]
[li]News about other games popular within BRTD, like Star Citizen or DayZ[/li]
[li]Funny news, pics and Youtubes[/li]
[li]Etc.[/li]
[/ol]
[/quote]

suggestions:
[ul]
[li]Player of the month (monthly newsletter?)[/li]
[li]BRTD-member introduced/interview[/li]

[/ul]

Reactions: 1 person

EddiesMinion

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Bristol, UK
Ok, let's do this.

Let's say we're aiming for a July 1st release. We don't want to write an essay, so let's limit it to 3 topics:

[ul]
[li]Hossin and the update[/li]
[ol]
[li]The continent itself, focus on what's awesome (new bases, splashy water etc.).[/li]
[li]Outfit decals - let people know how to get them (you have to buy it, go figure).[/li]
[li]Outfit base capture - if we capture one tonight or in the next couple of days, grab a screenshot of the flag and map![/li]
[li]Cont locking and other bits - this is a maybe, might be too wordy and not that interesting.[/li]
[/ol]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Competition for SC cards and BRTD merchandise[/li]
[ol]
[li]Show off some of the swag you can win.[/li]
[li]Explain the rules and how to form a public platoon and not mess it up (by leaving greenies in command).[/li]
[/ol]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Creative stuff/advances in recruitment[/li]
[ol]
[li]Amnzero's vid[/li]
[li]Edgewalkr's vid[/li]
[li]Kraut's landing page[/li]
[/ol]
[/ul]
Maybe finish off with reminders about MNM, upcoming events (are there any?) and any other fluff we can reel off quickly and concisely.

Thoughts?