Events [Sep 27, 2014] Miller vs Connery ServerSmash, featuring BRTD! (27/9, 10PM CEST) (Jaeger Server)

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
COOP was GOON and MOX. So we were the second best Miller outfit, but the best single Miller outfit:p

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
If it wasn't for me and bpostal looking at the map all the time, we would probably have ended up first for Miller on the kill list.

In the end we lost but we had a great time playing with the other Miller outfits though. I really got to know these outfits within our platoon and we ended up hoping that we could play along with each other again. Which is not only a win for Miller but also for BRTD.

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
Was fun indeed at least at the begining but after promissing start we end up in complete mess, even more after TS stoped working. Sad to say but they were better organized form my point of view, especially in ninja capping our basses with few people. Also dunno where was our air wing.

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
I certainly learned that I am never going to participate in serversmash against the yanks again. Horrible latency.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
COOP was GOON and MOX. So we were the second best Miller outfit, but the best single Miller outfit:p

There is a GOON and M0X on there as well. How did they have COOP in addition to GOON and MoX?

BTW, can someone post the Infantry roster for Miller?

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
Ah sorry, I misunderstood your post.
There's a sign up list in a google doc which the miller outfit reps have access to that has all the names of who were signed up for the event. But the list is only viewable if you have been approved by a server rep, in order to get permission to view the doc.

If you want to know who played for an outfit, just poke me and I can list them for you over mumble (no you're not getting me to write down the names of 288 players and post them for you :D )

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
I certainly learned that I am never going to participate in serversmash against the yanks again. Horrible latency.
Yea all that hype about serious tactics, 2h before meetings, special TS blabla like a super MLG PRO competition and then it turns out to be a joke with 200ms ping difference (at best) and one side switching to a working TS while the others have to deal somehow. Sorry but worst managed SS I've seen so far.

Atleast we did well ;)

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
Here's the Connery roster:
oh6K5hL.png

If C00p is not Goon & Mox, then maybe it's Mox. Otherwise I dunno and honestly don't care. Matches like these are really not about KDR.

And except for the TS break-down,which really screwed us up, I don't think our organization was a "mess". A mess is when the whole command structure breaks down. And while leading & coordinating 7 platoons is insanely stressful and exhausting, most of the match I didn't feel that command was not in control. Connery just played the Redeployside game better and faster than we did, that's it. But I will write up learning points in an AAR so we can use them for the next matches.

As for complaining about lag, that's just a given fact for these matches. You're not really playing a shooter in SS, you're playing live Risk.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Honestly i didn't feel the lag was that big of a problem, I had 150-180ms throughout the event. I wonder if the point where TS broke down is the same point on the timescale where VS suddenly started capping a lot of bases.

Personally it was a major problem for me when TS broke down because I've never before used the in game voice so that had to be set up while playing. It took at least 15-20 min before the majority of the squad was communicating properly again.

Also it did quite often feel like the enemy had air superiority.

The event gave me mixed feelings.. But I did shot down a full galaxy with my ap vanguard at quite a distance.

The NC LMGS though... Not my cup of tea.

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
Sorry but worst managed SS I've seen so far.
Please specify then, because of all the SS's I've been part of, this one was by far the most prepared one from my perspective. There were at least 6(!) 2hour+ Miller prep meetings that involved our ground squad, including a squad/platoon training (where you didn't show up btw), two versions of our general strategy plan, three versions of our platoon opening plan (@bpostal spend a shitload of time on this), @Edgewalkr running NC prep squads, our chars already being pre-certed and last but not least, this was actually the first time we all reported in at least 2 hours before the match.

The unexpected TS break-down did screw us up, but it's unfair to blaim that on "worst managed". And in-game, Miller's command structure eventually recovered from this. Connery played better but that's not the same as Miller being "worst managed". We actually played a lot better than the lost matches against Mattherson and Cobalt, were our general strategy already completely sucked from the get-go.

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
Please specify then, because of all the SS's I've been part of, this one was by far the most prepared one from my perspective. There were at least 6(!) 2hour+ Miller prep meetings that involved our ground squad, including a squad/platoon training (where you didn't show up btw), two versions of our general strategy plan, three versions of our platoon opening plan (@bpostal spend a shitload of time on this), @Edgewalkr running NC prep squads, our chars already being pre-certed and last but not least, this was actually the first time we all reported in at least 2 hours before the match.

The unexpected TS break-down did screw us up, but it's unfair to blame that on "worst managed". And in-game, Miller's command structure eventually recovered from this. Connery played better but that's not the same as Miller being "worst managed". We actually played a lot better than the lost matches against Mattherson and Cobalt, were our general strategy already completely sucked from the get-go.
Well yes the preparation was good but the quality of management shines in the worst moment, which is the TS breakdown. Everyone was left alone by the high management trying to fix the problem. A announcement would be nice, a quick made backup plan and clarification about switching to each own voice comm (because they had rules using other voice comms were forbidden). But the main problem is not that they didn't do as expected, the problem was they did nothing. I didn't hear a single word/chat/comment whatsoever about what is happening now.

But well that is just my own opinion so you don't have to agree with and that is totally okay, maybe from a SL/PL position point of view it was better? I don't know but it doesn't really matter to me because I can only speak for myself.

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
From a PL/SL perspective, command actually actively asked for PL sit reps whenever TS allowed it. As a SL I could hear some of them but unfortunately not respond to these, not only because of TS issues but also because SL's we were not set up to directly talk to command. Which let some platoons rely to in-game command chat while others just moved to their own outfit TS. There was no global fall-back comms plan, which of course is a learning point. But even without comms we still tried to do useful stuff before it got fixed. Connery was just faster in fixing it, which means we got temporarily hopelessly outplayed.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Long story short: Don't send 2 squads to clear out 2 squads. Send the entire platoon and zerg the fuck outta some place. Zerg is the name of the game and you gotta be quick about it.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Long story short: Don't send 2 squads to clear out 2 squads. Send the entire platoon and zerg the fuck outta some place. Zerg is the name of the game and you gotta be quick about it.

Lesson learned.