Events [Sep 27, 2014] Miller vs Connery ServerSmash, featuring BRTD! (27/9, 10PM CEST) (Jaeger Server)

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
-Last official information update-

And again, don't delete any character from the account that is given to you, none of the character can be restored and therefore the account becomes useless.
As Rolf said, if you do so, BRTD will banned for the 1-2 next server smashes (maybe even more).

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
Btw that was rather pointless meeting/training, it was mostly for pl/sl people to synch your actions not for us to be in too. i think we know how to follow orders, and if there was anything to learn about strategy for smash dont think we needed to hear whats everyone is doing, just explaining what our action gonna be what lane we gonna push, everything else is too much info.

Reactions: Irathi

Aphotix

Veterans
Jan 19, 2013
In case you have no clue what NC weapons are nice to play with, here is my guide/opinion:

General attachment stuff: Dont use silencers, they know you're there.
Anything that is designed for long range: Compensator + foregrip if possible. HVA is nice as well.
CQC: Laser sight + IRNV scope.

EDIT: Implants.. use Clear Vision if you got access to implants. There will be plenty of concussions. And throw in an EMP before you breach a room. Often in those matches there are AI mines + tankmines set up to kill MAXs when they run in.

Weapons:
LMG: EM6 for medium/long range LA1 Anchor or GD22S for CQC.

Assault Rifle: Reaper DMR for long range. Gauss S for smokelauncher. Carnage AR for CQC.

Carbine: Razor/ACX11 for long range. Gauss S for smokelauncher. GD7F for CQC.

SMG: Cyclone = Armistice, Blitz = Hailstorm; whatever you prefer.

MAX: Mattock for long range, Grinder for most damage and bullets/mag, Hacksaw for full auto.

There is not much horizontal recoil but the vertical recoil is sometimes greater than TR weapons.

You'll fight Connery, west coast of the US. They will have the ping advantage so make sure you keep in mind to play aggressive. Those who peek around the corner first will have the ping in his advantage ( you will not show up on his screen when you can already shoot them). But do keep in mind that bullets will hit you even more when you think you are running behind a building.

I'll be a pidgeonlord at that day so I'll drop some presents when I get to fly above your territory ;)

Reactions: Rear

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Hey @Juggernaut, @Rolfsky

this is how our front page looks right now with the TS info very visibile to everyone who visits our page.
Perhaps we should hide the TS info a bit better / just send it as a personal message to those on the list? - unless we actually want to get trolled on the event night.

KGetSzO.jpg

BigAl

Outfit Leader and founder
Staff member
Community Leader
Jan 2, 2006
as I work till 9.30pm gmt on a Saturday night the chances of me actually getting home for start of play are slim
I would love to attend one of these matches but work doesn't permit it especially my line of work when all you lot are enjoying your weekends I am working away in a hot kitchen

so have a good one guys and will try to make it home and get it on a live stream somewhere and look out for all of you playing blue

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Btw that was rather pointless meeting/training, it was mostly for pl/sl people to synch your actions not for us to be in too. i think we know how to follow orders, and if there was anything to learn about strategy for smash dont think we needed to hear whats everyone is doing, just explaining what our action gonna be what lane we gonna push, everything else is too much info.

I have to kind of agree with Bakane, as soon as we met up with the others there was indeed a lot of pointless chatter/time spent (at least an hour could've been cut).

However I think that the initial meetup we had was very nice once it got going, how the new accounts worked, how to log on TS, the info about the general plan and getting tips on how to do our loadouts etc was also much appreciated as I've almost never played NC before.

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
I have to kind of agree with Bakane, as soon as we met up with the others there was indeed a lot of pointless chatter/time spent (at least an hour could've been cut).

However I think that the initial meetup we had was very nice once it got going, how the new accounts worked, how to log on TS, the info about the general plan and getting tips on how to do our loadouts etc was also much appreciated as I've almost never played NC before.
Info that should have been in op post so i dont find anything usefull in that meeting

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
Hey @Juggernaut, @Rolfsky

this is how our front page looks right now with the TS info very visibile to everyone who visits our page.
Perhaps we should hide the TS info a bit better / just send it as a personal message to those on the list? - unless we actually want to get trolled on the event night.

KGetSzO.jpg
The Server Smash TS info is listed in a number of public forums already by the SS guys, when I pulled it up last night it was off the Miller Subreddit. They will be kicking anyone from the TS server that does not have a valid outfit tag anyway.

I agree that training did not go according to plan, I tried to bring it more into an actual pratice run of that opening assualt but one thing I've learned is that the other outfits like to talk, then discuss their feelings, then talk more. Chances are that tomorrow night the tactics will have changed again and will continue to change until 15 minutes after the match start, at which point tactics are thrown away.

I'll run another NC squad tonight for final practice if anyone wants to join.

B45Hy

Mar 23, 2013
Finland
Well at this point (read serversmash) it's not about practicing how to kill enemy or how to capture a point. It all comes down how fast we can react to orders. Since we as grunts do not have the power to adjust the tactics that chosen pl's have made.
Of course finding the perfect loadout and your personal settings affect also. But in the long run reaction time(s) and following the orders are what counts.
So i think it's going to be very intense 2 hours of order following and doing everything like we have been told to do.
Can't wait to hear all the fuck's and well done's :D

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
The training changed because the plans totally last minute changed while we're busy training. The training with platoon 3 was indeed way too long and unplanned for, but sometimes you've got to adapt and play along with the others. Why do you think EU is still a mess?

So I suggest we stop complaining and focus on the match. Bpostal's new opening minutes plan can be found here, be sure to take notice.

Furthermore, Wanderingigor called off being ill, so Zorkos is on.

As for the match day itself: Be sure to report yourself in on TS two hours for the match, 19:00BST/20:00 CEST! Believe me , we need that time. Setting ourselves up (comms) before the match is always stressful and bpostal will go through the new updated plan (which is only for the first few minutes) once more, to be sure we're on the same page.

If BRTD is not fully there at least 1 hour before the match we're getting kicked, simple as that.

As for the TS info being public: What Edgewalker said, not really an issue. Be sure to join his NC squad if you don't know anything about playing NC. You can hit me in mumble anytime as well for a 1 on 1 NC training.

As for the rest of the info, what's still missing will be provided on match day. Just be sure to log in on time .

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
So I suggest we stop complaining and focus on the match. Bpostal's new opening minutes plan can be found here, be sure to take notice.
Doesn't work, requested access. Can you make it open? Thanks!

As for the match day itself: Be sure to report yourself in on TS two hours for the match, 19:00BST/20:00 CEST!

Just to confirm, the match begins at 20:00 CEST - So we should meet up at 18:00 CEST?
Ok the match begins at 22:00 CEST and we meet up on the TS at 20:00 CEST. Thanks!

Last edited:

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
Match is 22 CEST and you need to be 2h before on TS to get login/pass for serversmash account as i understand.
Question is how we get login/password info? by TS or what?

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
I haven't received them yet. I already send them a message., they're probably still busy sending them. Will let you all know when I have an update.