Tactical Squad Practice, 1 hour - Wednesdays 19:00 GMT +0

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Tactical Squad Training - Wednesdays 19:00 GMT+0
Duration, minimum 1 hour, maximum 2 hours.

Purpose in a nutshell:
Improve our infantry game and give players the confidence necessary to lead a fireteam on Thursday night OPs. We will discuss and explain ways to execute certain tactics and rehearse until it sticks.

Format:
The format of the session will be roughly 15-30 minutes of theory / demonstration, then 30 minutes - 1.5 hours with "handpicked" fights with the purpose of using the previously practiced tactics, the length of this depends on the stamina of the instructor, how the fights are and how the squad is performing.

It will be most effective doing this with around 12 people than say 24-48.

Topics to cover, not limited to;
Breaching​
Practice stacking, timing, loadouts, execution, entering, spreading, covering angles, etc​
Point holds​
Where should squad members be during point hold, how do we communicate that effectively, teach players to stand still and cover a given angle, use of deployables, coms!​
Push pull​
In essence a group of 6-12 players (2 fireteams or a squad) focus on doing coordinated fast flanking of the enemy to prevent/stall the zerg from reaching ciritcal mass and being able to push a point of interest which is held by the remainder of our infantry.​
Squad composition​
This doesn't need explaining here, but it needs repetition in game, especially inexperienced SL's.​
Moving the squad as a unit​
Practice grouping up as a squad, using smokes in game and on map more effectively, taking our time setting things up while the timer allows for it, getting it right the first time when the enemy does not know we have arrived yet.​
Routers​
We need this magic teleport device​
TheBinarySurfers mind trick​
"A mix of psychology and human interaction theory" apparently Binary knows some voodoo hoodoo he wants to share with us!​
During Thursday Op's;
On Thursdays we will first introduce basic infantry skills during the 30min pre-op training session. Afterwards we will split up experienced players among the squads and either squad lead or fireteam lead with the purpose of improving our infantry game by focusing on using what we've practiced previously and introduced pre-ops.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBinarySurfer

ShiftyFred

Staff member
Squad/Class Leader
Sep 8, 2015
Sounds good.

Iirc this was kind of what jeru wanted Tuesday altfit nights to be about. They have just devolved into a normal play session of late. They started off being about all that you mention.

Kamitor

Veterans
Sep 16, 2016
Excelent.
I have been thinking of a formations too. This could be a good proving ground.

Last edited:

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
moved from officer to squad leader for further input

FrozenBones

Officer Planetside
Jan 30, 2013
Maybe a brief thing about how to act when there are Non-infantry elements close to them? Like how to act when friendly airsupport is there and ready / Friendly armor near them.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
How to use armor / air to our advantage and be usefull for armor / air ?

Kamitor

Veterans
Sep 16, 2016
Tried my new formation
"Mechanized assault"
Was very popular :cool:

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Sounds good.

Iirc this was kind of what jeru wanted Tuesday altfit nights to be about. They have just devolved into a normal play session of late. They started off being about all that you mention.

Yes, Jeru was the main driver behind alt-fit night and without him it is just normal gameplay. @JerusalemWolfe Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Looks like a good rundown! I'd like to encourage as much cross training between infantry/armor/air/logistics as possible. Not everybody's into construction, for example, but if routers are going to be a thing; it should be a thing everyone knows how to do.

I also don't have much time available, and that's only on Sundays, but I'm more than happy to assist in new player orientation and that kinda shit.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
negative, I was a bit under the weather, instead we had a great farm!

And in the end we put our name on the crown, @dnaRIP @Nicolai

screenshot_20180718-23-24-19.png

Next wednesday we will run some training again, also there will be a 30 min pre-op training tomorrow.