The big talking points.
Link to full 3d models
- New Respawn System, Spawn Hopping is hopefully outdated with a lot more freedom about how and where you redeploy to (prioritizes under-pop fights with instant respawns/the frontline and after a delay, allows spawning in any owned hex). It also doesn't force you off of over popped fights anymore.
- HIVES are coming back as a new alert, REFINE AND RELOAD. The idea is that you mine and dump at a centralized set of locations (once full, they move/respawn). The faction that mines/ dump the most, wins and gets access to a Valk/ANT hybrid (called a WASP). When full, HIVEs launch into orbit destroying anything over them. There are always two HIVEs active.
- The Wasp currently has a chin mining turret, afterburners AND pilot controlled anti-armour rocket pods (on a Valk chassis currently). The idea is to try to introduce a new "variant" vehicles as alert rewards. These would come fully "certed" with an unchangeable loadout.
- DX11 is coming (up from DX9), which means a ton of stuff. Shortlist:
- FPS increased.
- More "stuff" can be used for hexes.
- New code/engine base.
- Microstutter fixes.
- Threaded asset loading.
- Better load times.
- Better shaders/materials/etc.
- Better SDKs.
- tl;dr everything is better.
- New Character Select Screen.
- New Member Only Faction, NS Robotmen. Upon login, you get tossed in the lowest pop faction. You only get access to Nanite System stuff (common pool weapons, vehicles). The idea is to get members into the game immediately (no more faction balance queue times period) and to cut down on queue times in general overall. As people drop in and balance the faction, the NS Robots continued to dump to the lowest pop faction, even if that's a different faction (so you can have both VS, NC and TR robots running around). This is slanted more towards solo play, rather than group play. This has been d0ku's secret project for the last few months (modelling the robot).
- Ninja Throwing Stars are a thing, you get them for playing on the PTS for upcoming community tests and "is a toy". Slots in the "throwable" slot. Track social media for times/dates (they'll be announced).
- Outfit Progression/Overhaul 2019.
- Oshur 2019 --> basically been blocked by the ongoing technical issues/dev time being voraciously consumed by other things. Major milestones will be stream'd, demo'd, etc. Wrel needs a dedicated, "clean", machine to work/stream from (so Oshur dev streams when that happens).
- Optimization 2019 (DX11 + stuff)
- More Squad Stuff 2019 --> Target highlighting, mission creation, etc
- New Player Tutorial 2019 --> basically waiting on other things being in the game (engine-wise).
- PS2 2019 Advertising Campaign Planned
- Plus more "cool stuff in the works".
Link to full 3d models