What logo is our outfit gonna be look like? ':/

CharlieAscende

Dec 10, 2012
You know to be honest? I'm not sure what kind of outfit logo's gonna look like but I'm guessing it has to be more like "military-sh" type of logo, not just like something that New Conglomerate would usually put on for their outfits (like Devil-Dogs for example).

I'm an artist who tends to draw a lot from time to time. Maybe you guys can give me some couple of examples that might help me make one for our community: quick sketches, very decent ones; it didn't matter if its good quality or not as long as I can get some couple of examples from anyone on BRTD I'm good with it.

Any suggestions? B)

Mythx

Sep 26, 2012
We have an entire media team dedicated to this :)
If you are looking to do banners and logo's and all these good things perhaps we can get you into the media team!

Soon in-game outfits will be able to customize the outfit in-game and will be able to get a in-game logo thats completely unique to the outfit. along with sandbox and home bases.

Baljet

BRTD Member
Nov 15, 2012
www.apegaming.net
I was thinking on this, we need a nice fat clean-lined logo for the vehicle decals, so people know when they've been hit by BRTD.

I'm not great with digital crayons but maybe some one could run with this:

[img size = 120]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/02/red_cross_army.jpg[/img] +
trlogo-thumb.jpg
+
xuanwUvJ.jpeg
=
X5YOJnAB.png

I don't think the Tombstone is very well depicted by the cross here..

How's this:
VoOhoIQx.png

As you can see I'm no good at the finishing details and don't want to tread on any media toes, feel free to ignore my scrawlings :)

The reversed Red Cross demonstrates that we're the antithesis of the Red Cross, delivering death, destruction and mayhem! The super imposed TR logo demonstrates loyalty to the republic above all, stepping back the tombstone indicating our Loyalty Until Death and the fate of our enemies. All on a strong Red background, because Red Is Better.

Baljet

BRTD Member
Nov 15, 2012
www.apegaming.net
[quote="RocketRon" post=8905]To me that logo says we're TR players from switzerland =D[/quote]

Doh!

[quote="Dotz0r" post=8907]Keeping with BRTD tradition - Dice,[/quote]

D20s?

CharlieAscende

Dec 10, 2012
[quote="RocketRon" post=8905]To me that logo says we're TR players from switzerland =D[/quote]

wha... lol

jo3

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Dice r cool, even though i was not in BRTD (or even playing planetside) in PS1 the dice have a cool deeper meaning :)

SaintSugary

Veterans
Oct 29, 2012
To me dice means unpredictable, small odds/chance, luck....can't really find many positive deeper meanings, but maybe that is because I'm a realist :D

J

Jamriko

Dice = Luck. Lucky we have more man-power than the opposition.
Dice = Unpredictable? Because sometimes we're more un-organised than we should be.

List goes on. ;)

CharlieAscende

Dec 10, 2012
Okay I've finally sketched out our "traditional" logo that suits our personal taste:

better_red_than_dead_logo_2__scrap__by_charlieascende-d5ot7f4.jpg

I've actually spice it up to where I can add a nuclear warhead on the same upsided-down triangle along with the wings that make it very similar to the Allied logo from Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 (Westwoods/EALA) (2001). It's still in working in process (WIP) but its only meant for a display. The actual version of this banner will be in digital pretty soon in the future. ;)

That would make our forces stronger for New Conglomerate and Venu Sovereignty to backed down to their warp gate so easily. :cheer:

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
[quote="Baljet" post=8911][quote="RocketRon" post=8905]To me that logo says we're TR players from switzerland =D[/quote]

Doh!

[quote="Dotz0r" post=8907]Keeping with BRTD tradition - Dice,[/quote]

D20s?[/quote]

Da Dice! IIRC, it was 2d6

RocketRon

Nov 29, 2012
Im thinking summin like a Dinosaur, maybe a t-rex with a rocket pack on, and its shooting On-fire, poisoned lazer beams from its eyes.....................maybe not cool enough........... AND ITS WEARING ROLLAR SKATES ! And dragging a banner saying "ROCKETRON RULEZ ! " =D

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Personally I think I'll run with the Orbital Strike decal and the Warth of God ones, since they both got Zeus with a lightningbolt on them.

If the outfit wishes to use the outfit-specific one, I will roll with that. I love this outfit and I deeply respect the people that were in Planetside a lot.

D

Dotz0r

in reference to in-game decal - i believe it will be the reaper one - it looks looks cool as fuck and most people have it.

Us having reaper platoons and all.

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
My preferences for logo's:
- very simple
- iconic
- symbolizes what it stands for

For this outfit, Better Red Than Dead could be symbolized by the red cross, as that stands for survival over dead. In this case I would go with the Knights Templar version of the red cross, as that stands for brutal, spiritual, heroic fighting as well. And of course, use black as a background.

2000px-Knights_Templar_Cross.svg.png

I think this would already look cool on our vehicles and uniforms, very iconic and very recognizable. But maybe a bit too "German" for some people.

Another idea would be to use blood as symbol for better red than dead. Add in a symbol of violence and you would get something like this:
Blood.png

BTW For an outfit logo, I don't think it necessarily needs to have the TR logo incorporated. I would rather prefer a simple, more powerful logo, especially if we want to be recognized on the future battlefields by other outfits

Reclusiarch

Dec 15, 2012
www.youtube.com
I use the Angel of Justice decal, mostly because I love armoured angels. :) The Reaper one seem to be the most official though. Going to be fun if/when the custom decals can come into use though.

I really like the simplistic but dramatic icons that Rolfsky linked (the slash especially).

CharlieAscende

Dec 10, 2012
In reference to in-game decal - i believe it will be the reaper one - it looks looks cool as fuck and most people have it.

Us having reaper platoons and all.
-Dotz0r

You know, that's not a bad idea.