woodman v miller

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012
So, I have heard the 4th (today) mentioned as a date for this event, who here knows when this event starts? Play hard and defend our server's honour! i'll personaly shoot any participant that fails to bring glory to Miller, including myself, after which I proceed to blame NC weapons for our failure. Not that your friendly neighborhood Commissiar will have to resort to this, for we shall indeed reign victorious.

FrankEast

Jul 31, 2013
So can anyone give me a heads up on what's going on. 4th is supposedly a day of "trial event", something like a server stress test. Plus I've heard today is also the day when participating outfit's leaders are supposed to eh, talk about stuff.

But what's up with MILL/MILR and all the inconsistencies?

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/miller-first-to-cap-hossin-ever.144979/

drama thread.

we did good

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Also heard some of the drama from Sharpe when it came to which teamspeak-server they were gonna use.

Myself I would probably told the winer to STFU and if it didn't suite him he could GTFO!

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
Speaking of drama. I posted a mild motivational message on the Woodman forum to bring more numbers next time. It had a clear disclaimer in it to not take the message seriously. Still, these Woodpeoples took it totally the wrong way and acted like a bunch of butthurt crybabies, feeling "offended", "disrespected" and what other crap. What a bunch of wussies, seriously.

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
[quote="Rolfsky" post=20325]Speaking of drama. I posted a mild motivational message on the Woodman forum to bring more numbers next time. It had a clear disclaimer in it to not take the message seriously. Still, these Woodpeoples took it totally the wrong way and acted like a bunch of butthurt crybabies, feeling "offended", "disrespected" and what other crap. What a bunch of wussies, seriously.[/quote]

Well you can't blame them, you would be butthurt as well if you had a stick up your butt while you were thrown off the PTS :p

Edit: Just read the reddit post and comments, are they really taking it that seriously? I feel sad now.

FrankEast

Jul 31, 2013
[quote="YamiNoTenshi" post=20329]

Well you can't blame them, you would be butthurt as well if you had a stick up your butt while you were thrown off the PTS :p

Edit: Just read the reddit post and comments, are they really Notaking it that seriously? I feel sad now.[/quote]

No, not really. The only one genuinely butthurt there is itzhaki. EDT guys, you can ignore, most of the time they fuck about. Well, can't blame them, I've seen outfits on Woodman break down from taking shit too serious, eventually becoming bitter and moving to other servers or leaving the game entirely.

We on Woodman have seen the server's days numbered, and that left it's mark on community. this document explains a lot on the state of the communities of Cobalt and Woodman. Not sure about Ceres, maybe someone knows if they're going to support other servers? And if they even can.

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
[quote="FrankEast" post=20333][quote="YamiNoTenshi" post=20329]

Edit: Just read the reddit post and comments, are they really Notaking it that seriously? I feel sad now.[/quote]

No, not really. The only one genuinely butthurt there is itzhaki. EDT guys, you can ignore, most of the time they fuck about. Well, can't blame them, I've seen outfits on Woodman break down from taking shit too serious, eventually becoming bitter and moving to other servers or leaving the game entirely.

We on Woodman have seen the server's days numbered, and that left it's mark on community. this document explains a lot on the state of the communities of Cobalt and Woodman. Not sure about Ceres, maybe someone knows if they're going to support other servers? And if they even can.[/quote]

Simply going by the document in its current state and seeing how Miller will be fielding more than the others combined kinda worries me, I hope they can work together against us if pops are extremely unbalanced on sunday.

senond

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Switzerland
So, are we going to join the Miller outfit or are we rollning as BRTD?

and if we joing the Miller outfit, who is our representative?

D

Dotz0r

[quote="senond" post=20343]So, are we going to join the Miller outfit or are we rollning as BRTD?

and if we joing the Miller outfit, who is our representative?[/quote]

You obviously did not attend the trial event. Basically all outfits rolling as they normally do - however all same outfit overall.

So its still a BRTD platoon of the MILR outfit.

senond

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Switzerland
Ah thanks!

Sadly i knew about this trial a day after it happend :p
so who can invite me to the MILR Outfit?
name would be senondBRTD

TobieBrave

Let's drop the Beat!
Jan 12, 2013
Sweden
Hey fellas! I am back from Cyprus this Friday. So if there is room left in our platoon i am in! Otherwise i hope someone puts up a stream channel. :)

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus med Tapatalk 4

mrmaans

Oct 18, 2012
I am interested in taking part in this event. I just have no idea how to do it and if it possible...

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012
This is happening right now, get your game faces on and fight for the greater glory of our server. Prove to those scrubs that it is futile to resist our dominion.

D

Dotz0r

Important shizzle.

http://miller.auraxis.eu/index.php?topic=362.msg496#new

crashed due to "not even enough tutorial instances" - mhigby

Pacman1

Aug 4, 2013
"their character name and their SOE/PRO7 account names"
could this mean that the characters will be carried over to this mystery server?
or it might just be to make sure they are a real player

FrankEast

Jul 31, 2013
Nice. Their private server is most likely located in the US again, so lag (that would be even worse it seems, as this private server is totally not intended for this kind of stuff) is to be expected again.

But anyway, I think this idea is nice overall. Though there's still a thing I don't understand - if devs were contacted prior to event, then how come we weren't told that PTS is not going to hold this many people?

YamiNoTenshi

Nov 24, 2012
It's possible that they didn't know before we broke it.

It won't really matter if the server they're providing is in the US, the majority of the players joining it will be from the EU so we'll all have the same handicap :)

FrankEast

Jul 31, 2013
[quote="YamiNoTenshi" post=20558]It's possible that they didn't know before we broke it.

It won't really matter if the server they're providing is in the US, the majority of the players joining it will be from the EU so we'll all have the same handicap :)[/quote]
From what I've heard scimming through reddit and then some, Luperza acted like "lol no surprise at all, test server is very limited, and Hossin is a lot more strict with numbers than other continents".

Lag is no question of someone having an advantage. It's more about convenience, the lag that was everywhere on Hossin before the server crash was insane, and that's probably an understatement. Not that I would demand SOE to make a special server or anything in that sort, but that would've been really nice of them.