How to get into Star Citizen right NOW!

Gun Pow

Space Chief Marshal
Veterans
Jan 30, 2015
Cheshire, UK
quick note for people don't buy ships for there specs buy them for there jobs as the specs are ever changing.

I always buy for the look of the ship and what its for I'm even guilty of buying ships without pictures or knowing what they did back when I first backed.

Here's what the backing page looked like back then :D (with my first backed ship selected)
what I saw when I backed star citizen.png

ApeAsylum

Jun 23, 2013
Ive tried running it on my i7 2400 + gtx 570 and it runs like a dog. I think im going to have to wait for an upgrade/ optimization.

Gun Pow

Space Chief Marshal
Veterans
Jan 30, 2015
Cheshire, UK
Its not optimised yet and also very heavy on machines try turning the quality down a bit it still looks awesome and it actually runs :D

Hurricane Moon

Red Dice Systems Salvager & Merc for hire
Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
hiya gunpow.....i downloaded the latest patch last night,but now the game hangs at the loading screen of the 2 ships.
i had this before and fixed it by disabling anti virus and also there was something in task manager that i had to stop running.

any suggestions mate?......can we actually play online together and walk around hangers and the ships together?
and is fps out this week?;)

Boostoff

You, Me, Closet, 7Min, Heaven, Now..
Oct 7, 2014
Washington, USA
www.BRTD.net
Make sure you enable the firewall exception, and don't use a VPN client. Do you have any error / debug on launch? Also, launch the program in compatibility mode & as an admin.

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
hiya gunpow.....i downloaded the latest patch last night,but now the game hangs at the loading screen of the 2 ships.
i had this before and fixed it by disabling anti virus and also there was something in task manager that i had to stop running.

any suggestions mate?......can we actually play online together and walk around hangers and the ships together?
and is fps out this week?;)

We can't be in the same hangar atm, probably not even when the FPS-module is released(around Gamescon or a 1-2 weeks after that). That seems to be in the PU-update. Which will come shortly after the FPS-module.

We can however play the freemode atm and land the ships we have and swap around which ship you wanna fly.

Reactions: Hurricane Moon

Hurricane Moon

Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
all sorted fellas....it was the firewall and some windows thing I had to restart in task manager.

my only gripe is I cant get headtracking to work without looking inside the helmet.

still reckon this is going to be the best space sim out there once complete.

Gun Pow

Space Chief Marshal
Veterans
Jan 30, 2015
Cheshire, UK
@Hurricane Moon yo its as welph says but if you fancy trying to fly one of the released ships We can do a ship swap inside free flight mode.

If you fancy a game some time eg racing, Vanduul swarm or free flight to try out ships let me know and apply for the group so its easier to find you and add you for the mp match (I'm normally available after 7pm bst)

Hurricane Moon

Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
good morning gents

do you know what gunpow...I played this most of last night,setting up my hotas and my gamepad to work nicely...
when I go home for my lunch break today I will apply for brtd membership(through rsi?)

and after 7 is good for me mate....once kids are in bed im free to play.

I would be very interested in coming online tonight and having you kind gents teach me the ropes....

I spent most of last night doing the racing,but ended up just exploring the gorgous map,i landed on top of one of them fancy sky scraper apartments but it wouldn't let me get out of the ship.......only on landing pads.

I did however manage to eject from my ship in free flight and use my jet pack? in a crude way to spin around aimlessly lol.

I have not jumped into the online deathmatch thing yet though.....don't wanna get my ass handed to me by strangers.

also what is rec points? it seems I can buy ships with this?

Reactions: Scudmungus

Hurricane Moon

Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
im also getting very strong urges to save up for the freelancer max.....I picture myself piloting one of these creaky trading vessels.....almost falling to bits after a jump but still hanging in there like the good old girl she is.

I see the vision at rsi and im starting to love it.....

anyone worked out a way to get the ships for free yet?

edit-just applied on rsi to join the revolution

Last edited:

Gun Pow

Space Chief Marshal
Veterans
Jan 30, 2015
Cheshire, UK
you managed to catch me on the only day I'm not online :D.

Accepted your application.

I love the original idea that was put in my head back in 2012 and still love it.

On the Free ship thing only thing I seen is the AMD deal when you purchased one of there cards in the past you got a free mustang omega.

Hurricane Moon

Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
cheers mate i appreciate it...i kinda been sucked back into ED again...but once fps is live im deffo going to hook up with you and the rest of the crew.;)

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Just tested this code CITCONFLIGHT2K15 and it gives you access to ALL ships. Even the Vanduul one's!