Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Spec's or it didn't happen ... :cool:

kybpZSq.jpg

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012

Its taking a little while to built, since the guy that should come and do so didn't and I have bad experience with doing it myself. Mainly the cooling paste is a problem that I have, but I have been reading up on it and how to place the CPU and so on. I hope that I can be ready by the weekend, so I can update, download and install the stuff I need (Planetside 2, Stellaris).

Reactions: bpostal

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Pea sized. Spread it out thin. Attatch cooler.

Edit. You can also do pea sized then attatch cpu and wiggle it once slightly to the left and right.

Either way is fine and if you want to test first and be sure you get good contact then do one of the above then lift it up again to see the result. If satisfied clean it up using paper with some nail polish remover or paint thinner on. Then re-apply the same way that had provided a good result.

Worst case you mess up and apply way too much and it causes your cpu to run a few C hotter than ideally.

...typed on standard issue TR cellphone.. code named; ∞DAKKA

Last edited:

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Annnnnnd, I just found out that the motherboard is 1150 and then the CPU is 1151.... So, new motherboard have been ordered and it will probably arrive just before the weekend.

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
Hah! In related news I have bought a four pack version of tabletop simulator, and I know that you already own a version... So that's something we might be able to do when you finally get back.

Reactions: Hitman Zeus

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Newbs building pc. Sigh... ;)

...typed on standard issue TR cellphone.. code named; ∞DAKKA

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
The thing is that the guy I asked works at an large seller of pc electronic parts.

Sent from the future by quantum entanglement
Did you go to someplace like a Best Buy, where the prices aren't so bad for a physical store but the people working there are idiots?

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Did you go to someplace like a Best Buy, where the prices aren't so bad for a physical store but the people working there are idiots?
A webshop. In regards to the motherboard, my roommate plans to build a new pc later this year and can use the wrong one I have.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
A webshop. In regards to the motherboard, my roommate plans to build a new pc later this year and can use the wrong one I have.

Okay, I guess I can expect that kind of fuckup from an online store. Real people should know enough to check the socket type against the Mobo socket type.

Once you get this unfucked, I hope you log in. Because I can't. Hitman, you gotta be me until I can get back online.

Reactions: Hitman Zeus

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, I guess I can expect that kind of fuckup from an online store. Real people should know enough to check the socket type against the Mobo socket type.

Once you get this unfucked, I hope you log in. Because I can't. Hitman, you gotta be me until I can get back online.

Motherfucking shit, cocksucker! Was that alright?

I am right now downloading all the motherfucking updates to this shitty for giggles new pc and that will probably take a little while. Get bent!

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Motherfucking shit, cocksucker! Was that alright?

I am right now downloading all the motherfucking updates to this shitty for giggles new pc and that will probably take a little while. Get bent!
That's pretty damn good! At least you're on to the downloading and updating bits, sounds like you're almost done