Events [Oct 12, 2014] Server Smash vs. Emerald, Sunday, Oct. 12th (Jaeger Server)

SankakuGames

Youtuber Extraordinaire
Veterans
Aug 1, 2014
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
GG, Squad Lead rocked, Platoon lead sucked :p Charlie were complete balls!

Footage recorded available on this link in the next 30 minutes, Took longer than an hour as cooking my own dinner, wife not in country =(

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
GG, Squad Lead rocked, Platoon lead sucked :p Charlie were complete balls!
Thanks for the vote of confidence but don't be too hard on Napoleon (our PL), you have to consider that he is also getting orders from the force commander (FC). So by the time he's told us to regroup and pull X for a new push the FC could be relaying new orders to move elsewhere to try and bolster another front. I think PL did a good job considering who we were playing against and with Charlie doing whatever the hell they were doing.

Edit: Also what kind of monster PC do you have that you could render that and upload it in just over an hour. When I edit my Dice Effect streams they take almost as long to render as the video is.

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
I loved the moment you were looking on the map after we took the Techplant with your inner voice asking yourself: "Why the fuck are we leaving a base we just took so it falls back to the enemy" :D:D:D

Edit:
Sankaku you pleb :eek: I was 538 and it is no use to "not shoot because it will reveal us". This is a serversmash not live server. The enemy knows where you are in the moment you leave the spawnroom, they also keep track of the map constantly to see how high the pop is in each hex. So you can not hide, no matter what. No need to play the stealth game ;)

Also you won't get attacked by strangers if they see you because everyone is following orders. So you only get shoot if they get told to..

But I agree that would be terrible gameplay on live!

Last edited:

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
"Why the fuck are we leaving a base we just took so it falls back to the enemy"
Standard Server Smush procedure, a Tech Plant is a 7 minute cap, with terminals destroyed it's harder to setup Harassers inside. So you get your platoon out and fighting in more important fights and let the enemy platoon waste 4-5 minutes sitting on an empty base. Then you redeploy in on enmass and take it back with 20 seconds to spare.

That's what should have happened anyway.

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
Standard Server Smush procedure, a Tech Plant is a 7 minute cap, with terminals destroyed it's harder to setup Harassers inside. So you get your platoon out and fighting in more important fights and let the enemy platoon waste 4-5 minutes sitting on an empty base. Then you redeploy in on enmass and take it back with 20 seconds to spare.

I knew that in the moment we got ordered to getting redeployed, but most ppl on Miller don't cause they don't play the redeploy meta.
Also we were way to late to get back to the techplant to recap it thats why we lost it by 2 seconds, I was on the cap point the moment it flipped.. with a max :/ But I killed like 20 NC standing there. Glorious but didn't help us.

Zunk

Veterans
Oct 2, 2012

That makes a lot more sense now. It almost worked!

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
@Wolfman109

I read through the entire thing - laughing my ass off..

I'm surprised nobody flames Desspa for not dissociating from what Arturiel says. If Desspa wants to FC he should've immediately shut that guy up.

On that note - it looks like all of his posts have been deleted?

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
This part from Arturiel was a bunch of shit:

"VoGu as a squad did outperform everyone else in that platoon".

BERT got credit for the cap at Tumas. If they outperformed everyone, they would have gotten that cap. What a douche.

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
This part from Arturiel was a bunch of shit:

"VoGu as a squad did outperform everyone else in that platoon".

BERT got credit for the cap at Tumas. If they outperformed everyone, they would have gotten that cap. What a douche.

Further to this I was TK'd by at least 5 XDT guys over the course of the event. I was not TK'd by any VoGooGoo guys because they were hardly ever around.

Anyway Morf had a go at him himself so I don't feel the need to add anything to it.