Events [Oct 12, 2014] Server Smash vs. Emerald, Sunday, Oct. 12th (Jaeger Server)

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
VoGo got quite some feedback from other outfits in the Miller meeting on Monday. Judging from that discussion and this reddit topic, it seems to me these guys have a fundamental attitude problem.

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
VoGo got quite some feedback from other outfits in the Miller meeting on Monday. Judging from that discussion and this reddit topic, it seems to me these guys have a fundamental attitude problem.
I got access to this conversation between a SS admin and VoGu. Please deal carefully with this information because it was a private conversation and should be kept private. Names have been changed to keep the privacy.

VoGu: Let me guess - i'm in trouble again!
SS Admin: You're darn right, Eric!
VoGu: For what?!
SS Admin: Why did you sabote against FC decisions in the ServerSmash and put the discussion on reddit?!
VoGu: [points at her] Why did YOU talked shit about our outfit and put the score on reddit?!
SS Admin: ...What?
VoGu: I don't care if Obama IS FC! You don't go around putting little boys on blast, telling the whole world how fucking bad VoGu is!
SS Admin: Wait. Are you talking about the numbers we published Monday from the ServerSmash?
VoGu: You're damn right! 08 points. I'll have you know that MY outfit got respectable 12 points! Maybe it's still the smallest in SS, but it's 4 points bogger than you said!
SS Admin: The numbers we put up were score differentials!
VoGu: What?
SS Admin: We thought it would be fun to put up how much each outfit has grown in score since their SS last time. You grew 08 points.
VoGu: ...Those weren't our total points?
SS Admin: WHY would we publish the score of our outfits' private ranking?!
VoGu: I don't know! Why would you?!
SS Admin: We didn't!
VoGu: [gets off the chair] Aw, crap! You mean everyone knows our score is smaller than everyone else's because of me?!
SS Admin: This is exactly the kind of thing we are always talking about, Eric. You get angry about something, you don't think, and you cause bad things to happen! This time, you've done it to yourself!
VoGu: Oh, god! Why couldn't I have just taken a minute to think about it?
SS Admin: Because you have an anger problem, Eric!
VoGu: [points at her] FUCK YOU! No I don't!

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
The sad part is that these guys were one of the first outfits to get voted into the next SS match again (by other Miller outfits that is) and that the SS Miller rep resigned his job because of them. I guess it's all about pumped up ego's nowadays, #BCPwasright.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
The sad part is that these guys were one of the first outfits to get voted into the next SS match again (by other Miller outfits that is) and that the SS Miller rep resigned his job because of them. I guess it's all about pumped up ego's nowadays, #BCPwasright.

I read the thread you made on reddit. Cudos for trying to shed some light and bring up a discussion. It's a shame that everyone who joined the debate thinks that it is a debate about which selection method is the best and totally misses the point that it is a debate about what SOE and we want the SS to actually be; MLG selection with a chance to establish your own server as the superior one or an open and friendly event for everyone that really is just meant to be something else (but not more in terms of glory) than the normal daily grind..

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
Yup, it was pretty much talking to a wall in that discussion, as many saw it as just a Miller whining post. Which was to be expected of course, because there is a lot of whining on Miller lately. But that doesn't mean that there is not an issue with SS.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Yeah I think there should be some official definition of what the SS is because that will in turn guide the servers as how they choose their setup.

And nobody will have a good time in the long run if every server choose outfits based on different criteria based on different opinions about what they wish to achieve with the SS.

If SOE "unites" and say that SS is a friendly match only. Then people are more likely to choose random outfits.

If SOE wants it to be a tournament to define the superior server well then people are more likely to be selective and only pick the best outfits.

If SOE leaves it as it is now, then one server will think of it as a way to prove they are superior, while another server might consider it an event just for laugh and giggles. When they meet up the result will be that the winner had a walk-over and feels superior indeed and spouts that over the forums offending the players on the server who considered this a laugh and giggles event. Also the people who participated from laugh and giggles server will probably be left with a sour taste and be discouraged from participating in such an event again.

However; I do like the way emerald choose outfits. If that team list is updated regulary so that all outfits are allowed onto the rooster it might actually be good. Doesn't matter if you need 2 or 3 or 4 teams.