hello and welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kur

Aug 26, 2014
Hi!

I'm Kuran, I started playing PS1 earlier this year I believe so some of you may remember me. Had to take a break but now I'm back and looking forward to playing PS2!

I'm a elderly carer whose is pretty anxious and agoraphobic, so I got a lot of time on my hands usually.

I'm from Birmingham, England.

S

StaticX5

Hi i am StaicX5 or in real life Matt. I started playing Planet side way back when they had it free to play for the first time for a bit on my brothers account. And recently got myself my own account once I got done building my new PC. So I am a bit rusty right now but it is starting to come back to me.

R

Ramsis

Hello gents, name's Ramsis. I was informed of this group via proxy of a friend and figured, "These guys sound marvelous!" Never actually played Planetside sadly, and my multiple attempts to get into the beta have failed (I can't art as good as some people sadly!). I plan on hopping into the game and would love to work with you guys. I plan on being a Galaxy pilot, have some boys hop in the back, maybe an APC if it will allow, Galaxy information has been all over the place lately, and dive headfirst to set up a base so you guys have somewhere to destroy from o/

Now I just need to find a magic way to get into the mumble without access to the game :eek:

F

Foad

Haidere :º
My name is Paul, im 25 years old and I work in the 3d industry as a concept artist/cg generalist (contractor) with a bit of time to kill now and again if im not doing something silly or rude on paper, you'll find me on for like, half a week to a week nonstop and other weeks non-existant :< .

Played planetside back in 2004 for a while, left, then came back again later, then went on a hiatus again, then came ba-.. you get the picture. Came back to PS1 in anticipation for PS2 and i happen to run into BigAl and some of the others in B.R.T.D and was invited into the outfit despite no intentions to join one, but everyone seemed like really cool peeps to me so i stick around for the fun team play and hog Susats' skyguard gunner seat.

I love playstyles that fringe on metagaming, basically messing with peoples heads or infuriating/distracting them, infiltrators/cloakers/ACEs, things to do with ambush, sabotage and sapping, i cant help but giggle uncontrollably in anticipation or hacking people out of their galaxy gunships and using them to blow up an AMS with heaps of infantry around it or a magrider gunseat to pop nearby people before decon/surging away, or hacking base turrets so that damaged reaver keeps getting heckled by them or sitting near an enemy minefield just to emp it as a vehicle drives over. But im also happy with direct combat/support roles when i'm not doing naughty things to people.

My usual handles are: Foad / Woobins / Luftwaffles / worxe

cheers!

R

rockfar99

Hi!

I'm Steve aka rockfar99, I played PS1 a while back really enjoyed it and looking forward to playing PS2.

I'm from Cardiff, Wales and 'The better Red than Dead' was too good a name not to join up.

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
I've never got round to doing this so:

'Lo guys, I'm Jack aka DW, I live in a town called Willenhall (most of you guys might not of heard of it) so I'll just say I live in Wolverhampton which is few miles down raod, and home to the Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club aka, The Mighty, Mighty Wolves!

I've been playing PS1 since I was pointed in it's direction 4-5 years ago while playing some Indie MMO Strat game when after destroying someone's base we talked and he introduced me to it. I checked it out and have been addicted since, I can still remember the first things I did, driving in circles around Voltan thinking "WTF do I do???"

Sadly when I joined PS I went on an US server, and stayed there so I never got to meet BRTD early on in my PS days. Then the servers merged. Ever since joining BRTD many moons ago I've never looked back. An amazing group of players that you can have a right laugh with and still get a great gaming experience from. A while after joining I started asking others if they'd like to join the outfit and experience the great time I had. I am proud to of been apart of this community and even help it expand, bringing new faces in and adding to the list of colourful characters within the group. I am now one of the Recruitment Officers for PS2 and I wont let you guys down.

Cheers

S

Solidblock

Hey guys. My names Matty, I'm 18 and a Student. A brief description of myself is in my application so if you're that interested in me you can find out! I'm dead excited to be here and hope that I will be staying for many more years to come. Cheers!

~Solidblock

N

nodachi

Hey guys I'm Sam, 23 and now (depressingly) a finished unemployed student.

I've played PS1 to death and I've had a great time in the tech test the last few weeks. I'm really excited about Planetside 2 and can't wait to see all you guys ingame.

As of last night I managed to get to 6th highest (and climbing) amount of global kills on the EU server simply by playing HA, it's such a fun class! So if you need another shooter, I'm your guy!

jo3

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Hi everyone I'm a 19 year old student (will be 20 in 3days) from northwest England i have played games like COD, CS, BF and RO2 competitively but i have never played PS1. I can't wait to play PS2 with you all and learn from vets how to play the game better :)

F

Flam3

Hey, i'm Martin, a.k.a Flam3 (Pronounced 'Flame', the 3 is to make it not look as boring I guess lol.) This actually evolved from a number of gamertags varying from other types of fire... I guess you could say? Back when I was 12 I started to call myself "Inferno" back when I used to play DoD 1.3 and that gradually made it's way to "Flammabl3" which I didn't keep for too long to be honest as well, it's bloody daft lol, but then it evolved to "Flam3" which has been my gamertag for now for about 7/8 years!

I'm 22 and hail from Northern Ireland. I got forc... convinced to join your wonderful outfit by MooMasher after getting a whiff of Planetside for about... 30 minutes as I honestly didn't like how it handled due to being a Battlefield Veteran and well... honestly the graphics. Being used to stunning graphics for a while to go back wasn't really doing itself any favours for me, but from the looks of PS2 I think it will be an entirely different experience.

Can't wait to game with you all in PS2, which will hopefully be within the next week or so =)

U

ukela

I dont think i did this when i joined so i may as well do it now. Ukela became my tag when i needed more than one name on world of warcraft and i wanted something small and simple. my other online tag i use most is Chaddy (my nickname) and others like chickenchase delfius.

Im 27, from Manchester England. I have a 5 month old daughter and a GF of seven years. Planetside was the first online game i really played back in the day. I played on the american servers with an Outfit called ArchAngels. Loved my time there and learnt the game with great people like Snipefrag, Airbaguk and Ellijah! I hated the expansion so stopped playing PS then and started on WoW as well as CoD and BF. Tried other online games along the way with Eve, SWG among them. Playing call of duty and battlefield 3 has been ok, but both feel too zergy in there play, and there is never really a winner. its all about ur score and nothing else which while novel for a while gets very boring very quick. Hence with the videos being put out by higby and others on planetside next as it was known. I decided to resub to planetside. This was a few months ago now and i was lucky enough to hit up brtd as my first squad and jeffbeefjaw was in it. he sent me an invite and the rest was history haha.

i really enjoy playing with u guys ingame and hope it long continues!

Chris

N

Nasgary

Hi there
New member waiting to get into the PS2 with you all.
I really like the look and feel of the new game and cant wait to see its full potential when playing in an outfit.
I am 36 years old, played PS 1 when it first came out and have played most game since then :)
Recently played alot of world of tanks and look forward to support you all from behind my mighty armor :)

V

VaderDSL

Hi, just checking in! Peter here, aka VaderDSL (remnant from my younger days playing Jedi Knight : Dark Forces II)

Been listening in on Mumble this evening, great bunch of guys!

Can't wait for future Planetside 2 goodness!

M

MisterMorden

hello, i'm 25 and live in germany. I never played ps1 even if this is exactly the style of game i like (was really disappointed about bf3), and now i can't wait not just to play with a small squad but with platoons and even more. B)

S

Slimey

Hello,
My real name is steve (46). Played ps since the beginning, In the beta now as like most ppl. You probably know my son better Toonlad (mick); better player than me lol.

I was in BRTD with slimey at some stage, also SR.

Hope to speak to you guys n girls soon on mumble.

GLHF
steve

Z

Zapalot

Hellos, Florian(26) from Austria here!

Can't wait to see some ingame awsamoness.

D

Damager

Hail,
Max here.

Pleased to meetcha.
Hope to crush some sons'o'bitches with you soon.

I'm a PS Vet but not in PS2 beta yet.
Also a poet.

F

FendleyFire

Hey, FendleyFire here.

Got back into PS1 just over a year ago with the character Robert089 if any of you recognise me and played it pretty solidly up until the start of PS2 beta.

22 and from the UK, currently living in South Yorkshire but originally from Cambridgeshire.

Hoping to get some game time in tomorrow night so should be able to catch some of you in game.

D

Deathopus

Deathopus, or Omer, checkin' in.

Major fan and consumer of PS1 back in the day, and enjoying the PS2 b---*matrixerror.could.not.share.NDA'd.info* and hoping to have a blast playing the game again with you folks. (I've been abit inactive lately but I will be making myself known/heard very soon)

25, from Israel, a Musician, and almost nothing else :)

Peace and headshots.

-DO

Status
Not open for further replies.